ocean

Looking At Consew P1541S-Cc What's The Difference From Juki 1541S?

Does anyone have the Consew P1541s-CC? It looks like it has the same features as Juki 1541S, except it priced better. What are the differences? I wonder if anyone had an experience working on it?

Thanks.

As with any original vs. copy comparison, the differences will likely range from very subtle to painted-over cracked casting (CC).

Ocean, I've attached a brochure for the Consew, good luck on making a decision!

ConsewPremierP1541S-CC.pdf

Uwe;

I don't think that CC stands for cracked case! More likely its for Consew Commercial.

I do see many of the new clones now having the step adjustment knob on top like the cream of the crop models.

Particularly wished I had that on any, as its one of them items if ya don't have, it sure would be nice. yep!

So there are several model of them new clones available and in that take a look around for good support, if that's the size your needing most likely 138 and lighter thread as its max. Its possible the original Juki is now made other than Japan fwiw

Keep us posted on any direction

Floyd

Any updates or user info on the Consew P1541S-CC ? I spotted a used machine in my local city for just under $800. Im currently on the market for a personal machine. I sew leather bags and other small items. Im a shoe cobbler and have looked at what was recommended to me by sewing shop, Juki 1541. Really interested in a great used machine being my first machine. I do have sewing experience @ my shop. 

Thanks! 

I would sure take a look it if its local. Though some videos promote thread bigger than 138. This in my opinion jumps ship on settings “ typical” with normal upholstery class, being in the 46-138 threads. 

Just saying if its possible, its likely only tuned specificly for that size above 138.

As you seen these have the step adjustment knob on top, this I always liked. But it was only offered ages ago on the super premium juki model series with -7 

I heard long ago Consew is the American business side and a partner of Seiko lines of machines. These all may have been established after the sale of Singer. This I heard and Im not a history buff really so its just my opinion. 

With you being local and able to run the machine, with your experience and material its extremely benefical I think. 

I have seen their design of the safety clutch mechanism, it seems a great retro install design in my opinion. I truly (off topic) wonder how often these are used with any! Of the servos installed nowadays.

When looking at the Consew while its tilted back again, I notice the hook used is a style, not requiring a bobbin/basket opening lever as some models, but not all. This may be with their design parts above. 

I many moons ago looked briefly for information at some of these hook differences.  So now or in the future really, I can study and gather a bit more with others experience. 

Good luck on your assesment and for sure, keep us posted.

Floyd

The Consew P1541s-CC manual (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1097826/Consew-P1541s-Cc.html?page=3#manual ) lists its max. needle size at #23 and uses the same 135 x 17 as the Juki. I didn't find a specific reference to min. or max. thread size but I figure it means that it would max out on the thread size of V207 not V277 thread ( https://www.tolindsewmach.com/thread-chart.html ). I wouldn't be surprised that the Juki would also handle V207 thread size occasionally in a pinch but do think if you have to regularly go above the V138 thread size you really need a different machine.

I do have a question more out of curiosity then usefulness, has anyone tried to run two top threads of different thread colours for contrast purposes of V69 threads through a needle? This would yield a combined thread thickness of .0230 " or roughly V277 equivalent in size not strength. 

kgg

Its worth calling the dealer selling the mfg’s machine that “list” this capability. 

What I seen it is not consew or juki, these are two that did not show the proposed capability change, so if anyone has tried this 277 thread in similar machines. Im always curious. I seriously dont mind this possibility, rather think it amazing. 

But do find that I do mind if a company has mistakenly listed this spec in print, this includes online without correct knowledge.  Especially if I dont see thread spec capabilities across all the typical sale sites. So this first and formost would be a question. Additionally within a manual this surely is listed or printed, if theres a manual! 

If all this 277 thread capability is fact, thats just super cool, and I congratulate Thor with this accomplished modification. I did notice on this particular model a bobbin case opening lever. So this is using the required hook differential that Juki uses on the safety clutch design of many years ago. 

In any case we here enjoy the machines and their designs, its much easier here in this forum to understand why certain machines are copied and sold. We should also understand any business back story of these processes. 

Im fine so far with both my Juki 1541, 1541s and so a bit of my homework here:

http://thorsewingmachines.com/index.php/shop/thor-sewing-machines/thor-gc-1541s-single-needle-leather-and-upholstery-walking-foot-sewing-machine-new-detail

Good day

Floyd

It may or may not be possible to modify any walking foot machine with a vertical hook to clear #277 thread (0.586 millimeters) around the hook by moving the hook to the right, away from the needle. The hole in the feed dog would have to be large enough to clear a #25 needle. The recessed tab on the bottom of the throat plate would need to be widened a bit and the lever that pulls the hook backwards would need to be tweaked to clear the thread. Finally, the top and bottom tensions may need to be lessened to reduce the strain on the take-up levers and cranks as they may not be strong enough to constantly pull the heavy load imposed by 45 pound test thread without bending or breaking down.

After all this, the machine would not sew well with a #18 or#19 needle. It would have to either be reset for thin needles, or super tweaked to get a large enough loop in the eye of the needle to be picked off by a more distant hook tip. It is unlikely that all this will work out with machines designed with #23 needles and #138 thread as the normal limit.

I just took a look at the Thor site and I think someone may have fooled up on entering the value of the thread capacities.

Their site lists their 1541S has a thread capacity of V277 and their 1508 NH  at V270. Juki 1541s capacity is V138 while the Juki 1508NH is V207.

kgg

The Juki LU-15xx series are heavier duty machines all around than the entry level 1541 series. The 1508NH is specifically built to withstand the stress and increased thread tensions and foot pressure required to sew with #207 thread. It does not mention any larger thread for a reason. They don't want to be responsible for repairing machines damaged by such high stress work as veg-tan leather workers impose on their machines. This is why there is a Juki TSC-441. It is built to withstand the forces involved in sewing thick stacks of leather, harness, saddles and buffing wheels. It is designed to handle thread sizes up to #415 and not break down.

Wiz, that makes perfect sense why Juki specifies what the max thread and needle size should be run in their machines ... machine longevity.

kgg

3 hours ago, kgg said:

Wiz, that makes perfect sense why Juki specifies what the max thread and needle size should be run in their machines ... machine longevity.

kgg

Not just longevity, but reliability. Forcing a machine rated for #138 thread to tension #207 may put adjustments out of tolerance and leads to skipped stitches and/or poor lay of the thread. This leads to calls to dealers for help for problems caused by the owner, rather than the builder. It would be like putting Snuf-Or-Nots on a Harley then complaining to your local Harley dealer when you get ticketed for too loud pipes.

I can imagine the bobbin case. It must have a different, longer tension screw.

Obvious I like to keep a few bobbin cases seperated so not having to reset tension. With the same size but different types.

I can see to promote this strategy in this case, for sure. 

I take your saying it can use the same 277 thread in the bobbin. This is all interesting

Good day

Floyd