cwiehle0

Feedback Please

I have rustic forged chopper I made ( no pics right now) and wanted to do something freehand to kinda match. I know this isn't pretty, just looking for tips on where I can improve next time, and maybe make some alterations before I stain. I also understand tooling is difficult at this stage, but I kinda want to add a moon and clouds upper left but don't know how. Thanks Chris

x22s9d.jpg

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. I meant to put in Critique My Work.

This is my opinion.

Your leather wasn't "cased" long enough, or you were being to delicate striking your beveleresume because I am not seeing any burinating on your stamp impressions.

I think your swivel knife marks are a bit shallow-they should be 1/2 the thickness of the leather.

The beveling looks a bit weak, could be due to the casing, the swivel knife marks, or simply not using a heavy enough maul.

A checkered beveler would really improve the contrast

Also, using a background ingredients tool would make that shape pop out.

If that shape is suppose to be wood, using a modeling spoon to add some wood grain would look nice.

I am no expert, been learning slowly for a few years. These are things I would work on if it were my piece.

Hey, thanks Colt!