Hi can anyone advise me on the best snaps to use for belt loops for iwb and other leather holster applications?

I've tried using some line 24 snaps and the snap setting kit, that I picked up from Tandy leather, and it doesn't work very good. I used screws and tnuts to mount one side of the snap and set the other half in the leather belt loop, but when snapped closed they pop open with the slightest nudge or bump.

I would really appreciate some help solving this problem so that my belt loops on my IWB holsters stay snaped to securely. If you can shoot me a product and link on where I can find it for sale. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Guy W

I don't remember who makes them but there are snaps designed for what you are looking for. They can only be opened one way so that they prevent them from accidentally opening. I'm sure someone will chime in soon who knows what I'm talking about.

Their called Pull The Dot Snaps...they will only open up when pulled in the right direction...Google search will turn up many suppliers..I get mine from Scovill Fasteners

Edited by Troy I

Thanks Troy.... Been Looking For Something Myself..... Thanks For Posting The Question Guy

I get them directly from Scovill Fasteners as well, but if you don't want to buy them in quantities of 100, you can buy them in smaller quantities (one at a time, if you want) from Springfield Leather.

Do you use the same screws/t-nuts to attach the male side and set the female side in the same fashion as these crappy line24 snaps I've been trying to use or is there a different/better method?

Do you use the same screws/t-nuts to attach the male side and set the female side in the same fashion as these crappy line24 snaps I've been trying to use or is there a different/better method?

I don't have the Tandy snap setter, but mine is a similar punch-and-base setup. I don't recall where I got it, it was a few years back. There was a learning curve involved, but now that I know how to use it, I'm pleased.

I do use t-nuts & screws to secure the stud (male side).

Ive gotten hardware from Holstersmith,,,

http://www.holstersmith.com/vcom/index.php

They have post/screws/snaps/everything

i use the 2 inside parts of the pull the dot snaps. Then use the outside round cap part from a line 24. T nuts and screws to hold the male part to the holster. Be careful ordering the parts individually. The posts come in different sizes and the ones I got were way too short. That's why I just use the line 24 cap to secure the female side. But the flat bottom posts are not long enough to secure the male side, so I go with a 6/32 machine screw and brad hole t nut there.

I get a lot of stuff from index fasteners. They have black screws and t nuts that fit the pull the dots. And they sell pull the dot parts if you want to order 100 or more.

http://www.ifithermoplastics.com/category/fasteners

If you just want a couple, look at Springfield Leather.