So I'm finishing up a couple of belts for some customers tonight. I set the belts on the deck to apply Leather Sheen. When I go back outside it had started drizzling and left these wonderful water marks all over the wet leather sheen. The water marks look like someone touched the wet leather sheen with a little round object. Is there any way to strip the leather sheen and start over, or what can I do to mask the water marks.

SOS!!!!

Take a cloth, wet it with denatured alcohol, and rub the hell out of them. I've fixed pooling with Leather Sheen that way.

Hey buddy that happened to me too. You have to deglaze the finish, take off all the finish then with water slightly rub off the excess then restart the finishing procedure. Hand to dry in the garage or basement. I use an acrylic satin finisher, works alot better than the sheen spray.

It is fixable just a pain in the back side when it happens!

Good luck and send some pics.

Stephen

In the process of making saddles and other leather projects, using water is common. The way I avoid water spots, or "fix" them when they occure is this: First I only use pro oil stains, they are deep penetraiting, and do not wash out. Second, once water has gotten on the leather, I wet the "whole thing" no matter how big a piece. That way it will dry evenly and not leave a stain where the edge of the water is. the same thing for a project that has gotten water stains on it. Remove the sheen, or finish or whatever you used, (I use laquer thinner for that purpose) then wet thoroughly and let dry. Then proceed with the new finish and complete the project.

Hope that helps!

Happy Trails!

Bondo Bob