Dougster

Prescott Show Was Great...

We drove up to Prescott Saturday to go to the leatherworkers show. Glad we went!

Met a lot of cool people, saw a lot of great tools, drooled over a bunch of leather. Wife and I got away from the show for under $150. It would have been so easy to blow every penny in the savings account! LOL

Highly recommended...

You looked at Barry King's booth and got away with only spending $150.00? I admire your restraint!

You looked at Barry King's booth and got away with only spending $150.00? I admire your restraint!

Yep, I gave Barry $110 for two awl blades and two handles. I was thinking hard about that six pound maul of his too... :notworthy:

I loved Josh Fields' knives and Ron's groovers. And Clay Miller had some nice stuff including a swivel knife that almost came home with me. And Bob Beard...wow, just wow.

The place I really could have lost all my money though was at the Van Amburg booth. Turns out they supplied the wildebeast that my wife's boots were made from...

Those are all great guys and tools. I've collected many Bob Beard tools over the years and they are definitely worth the price. And I love Jerry Van Amburg. I've got some stingray I bought from him a couple of years ago that I'm going to use for something special someday....

Yeah, I loved the one he called the "skittles fish," a bright yellow colored stingray... LOL!

Did you pick up a ruler while you were there?

Did you pick up a ruler while you were there?

Sorry, a ruler? Did I miss something? I'm still new around these parts...

I had free rulers in my booth.

Ah, no, I missed that. Rats...

Next time! Really looking forward to it. And I'll be ready to buy more too. Since this was my first time, I really had the reins pulled in...