I am planning on making a breast collar for my 4-H project this year. I made one last year but it was a very simple style. I want something with a little bit more flare this year and I cannot seem to find a single pattern on a different style of breast collar.

Take the pattern you used last year, . . . you already know it works, . . . and bling it up.

Rhinestones, . . . balls, . . . diamonds, . . . conchos, . . . all kinds of stuff to "bling" with.

May God bless,

Dwight

Did you find a pattern? What style are you looking for? I have several breast collars that could be traced out for patterns. I have a heavy roping style, a pleasure collar, the breast plate style, martingale style?

I am looking for a barrel racing breast collar.

Are you thinking something like this? The metallic will later be cut into fringe, and conchos and "bling" added. Not by myself however, I just do the leatherwork.

post-49532-0-33861800-1458652589_thumb.j

^^^^ Good looking stuff Big Sioux..........

May God bless,

Dwight

Thank you Dwight. This stuff is NOT my cup of tea. I held out as long as I could, but the demand is so huge right now, and the best thing is that the gal that adds all the stuff I don't like, she does all the marketing. So, this is basically a wholesale gig for me. And that's not all bad:-)

Big Sioux Saddlery, lol, I know just what you mean.

kykay, I might have one similar to the one Big Sioux Saddlery posted, mine has a ring and chafe guard in the center, it's got curved contoured sides. I also have a collar with straight side straps. Same ring and chafe guard in the center. I'll trace it out and post it. My scanner is too small but I might be able to get it done at Staples or some place like that. It will take a few days before I get to town.

Big Sioux Saddlery, lol, I know just what you mean.

kykay, I might have one similar to the one Big Sioux Saddlery posted, mine has a ring and chafe guard in the center, it's got curved contoured sides. I also have a collar with straight side straps. Same ring and chafe guard in the center. I'll trace it out and post it. My scanner is too small but I might be able to get it done at Staples or some place like that. It will take a few days before I get to town.

Awesome! Thank you!

On March 19, 2016 at 5:54 PM, sonorabitandspur said:

Did you find a pattern? What style are you looking for? I have several breast collars that could be traced out for patterns. I have a heavy roping style, a pleasure collar, the breast plate style, martingale style?

How much would it be to get a pattern for a heavy roping style breast collar?

Oh and can I see a picture of an example?

If it wouldn't be to much to ask I would like a copy of the pattern as well.

Thanks

O n S