Does a free pattern exist for a money clip thing?

I have never used one and really don't even know where to begin, I'm assuming there's some sort of spring mechanism involved. I cant imagine you would want to use magnets if you want a credit card holder on it as well.

I know it sounds like a stupid question, but the pics online really don't help me much.

thanks

Actually there are lots of money clip wallets that use magnets and I've never found them to harm credit cards. I make my own templates, so can't help there, but try the template forum.

Is that not where I posted?

Not free, but check out Black River Laser.com

They didn't have what I was looking for. Id like one that's a money clip credit card holder combo

not sure if you were looking for a clip or magnetic. Here is one in their eBay store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-CARD-WALLET-TEMPLATE-SET-PRECISION-LASER-CUT-FOR-LEATHER-CRAFTERS-SMTS-/141432817867

Yes the big boys use magnets in wallets, I however will not.  I do know that magnets are capable of wiping cards.  I do not want to be put in the position were my product does harm to a customers bank cards, they won't be a customer much longer.  Besides, the magnets I use for my money clips are much stronger than what you mostly see.  I just don't want the liability. And that is just my $.02

here is a pic of a money clip /card holder I made for my kid.  its designed small so he can put it in his gym shorts front pocket

wallet resized 1.jpg

wallett resized 2.jpg

Here is the one I have been making. The picture is of the one I carry so it is a little dingy. New (depending on the thickness used and type of leather) it is good for about 15 bills.  And that is a pretty stout hold. After a little use the leather will soften up and you can put a few more.   If you are interested I can take pics of my templates. 

IMG_1282.JPG

I didn't realize this thread was a year old and the OP has not been on since January...  

oh well, maybe help someone else

I need to make one for myself.  I don't like the money clip hardware I have seen though.  How does the hinged clip work out?  Is it spring loaded?  The one I have been using is just curved steel that was originally covered with very thin leather, but that is long gone.

Yeah they have a spring in them.  It springs open or closed. 

Edited by Brianm77

my wallet was made as a gift for my son,  I assume its working out ok, I'll ask him this weekend