Boriqua

Knights Templar Inspired Holster

Rebuilding my web site and running across some older projects. Not great but I figure it might inspire someone elses creativity and I have learned so much here that I want to try and share something that might help someone else out. For one .. I think my stitching is much improved since this holster just by reading 1000 articles on stitching around here and then getting insane about it! :)

Sheesh I didnt know there was that much to know about stitching!

I wanted the cross to look like it was moving forward on a battle standard and not just plopped there. This was a request but I get alot of "open" requests meaning people just say .. I want something to do with the templars.. and thats it I am left to my own devices. I have been lucky .. so far everyone has been happy with my take on things.

Templar.JPG

Templar%201.JPG

Templar%202.JPG

Templar%203.JPGTemplar%20back.jpg

Wow, that rocks. Just sayin.

Thanks for sharing!

YinTx

That is really nice. I like the red/black and the cross, the way you cut is is great.

What is the insert? Interesting pattern.

Great job, very attractive holster! What type/size stitching thread/material did you use? And what size mm stitch hole spacing tool? I'm new at all of this, pardon for not having the correct terminology.

The inlay piece was a bit of frog skin I had left. I took these pics before I had my light tent set up and the direct light is making the frog a little more red then it was. It was a bit more burgundy wine.

I hand stitch everything and that was black Maine thread at .040 and if memory serves it was at 5spi. I have since switched to doing most of my stuff at 6spi. The back is 8/9 oz shoulder and the front is 2 pieces of 4/5 with the frog glued between but only at the center. I skive the frog all the way around so it blends between the layers. Hope that helps

Alex

A very nice piece of work.

You are far more talented and patient than I, my friend.

Excellent piece of work.

May God bless,

Dwight

Whew !! Dwight .. your one of my leatherwork heros! Between your comment above and JLS, another forum member I follow intently, commenting on my white lizard its a great week!

Thank you everyone!!!

Beautiful job, great dye job!

Wow...that is beautiful! Nice looking work....

I'm with all the others before me, I like the red inlay imensely !

Shiny Red and Shiny coating work well together ! And if this is an early piece ?

you've done super work from the beginning my friend ! ----- Wild Bill46