Matt T

Slam - A New Hand Sewing Thread For Leather!

I'm excited to announce the arrival of a new line of thread which goes by the name of Slam, and is a product of Italy. I've had trouble in the past finding a supplier who can produce 0.6mm, and 0.8mm with high quality and consistency. This thread fits the bill, and after working with it I am very happy with the results. I have not yet had a chance to take photos of example stitching, but those will come.

http://lekoza.com/Thread/

post-15351-0-83412100-1456975939_thumb.p

post-15351-0-09026500-1456975949_thumb.p

Edited by Matt T

They look promising. I hope they work out well for you.

Cool, I'd heard of them before tried to order some but they wanted me to order a box at a time of each colour which would take me quite a few life times to get through. Is the blue brighter than Tiger ie more Royal than Navy they sent me pics and it seems to be but it's hard to tell from screens.

Would you do us a solid and upload a pic of the thread taken apart to show the braid and yarns?

I was just going to email you asking when you expected to get the new thread in. I went on your site to get your contact information and was presented with the new thread. I was having a hard time the last two weeks trying to order from Abbey England and most of the thread that I ordered was back ordered by 1 to several months. I then was going to order from Maine Thread, until I saw this. Will be placing a order soon! Perfect timing.

- Garrett

Would you do us a solid and upload a pic of the thread taken apart to show the braid and yarns?

ik8idyS.jpg

Matt,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that there appears to be an error with the cart. When placing 5 rolls of 0.6mm thread in the cart, the total cost of those 5 rolls comes to 499.75 and not the 99.95 sale price. It appears that it is adding the cost of 99.95 to each roll and not the total.

- Garrett

Thanks Garrett,

This should be fixed now.

Matt,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that there appears to be an error with the cart. When placing 5 rolls of 0.6mm thread in the cart, the total cost of those 5 rolls comes to 499.75 and not the 99.95 sale price. It appears that it is adding the cost of 99.95 to each roll and not the total.

- Garrett

Got my order in of the Slam Ecru.8mm thread in and got some stitching done. Feels nice. Not quite as waxy as Tiger Thread in .8mm but still for the price is very nice. Looking forward to getting some more colors and work done with it.

Edited by Cajunfighter

Cool, I'll be giving this stuff a try, soon. When I get more moneys.

Placed my order in for 11 rolls! 5 in 0.8mm and 6 in 0.6mm. I figured if it is not as waxy as I would like, I can always run the thread through a block of wax. Looking forward to some stitching time with it. Hopefully I can put my search for thread to rest.

- Garrett

Placed my order in for 11 rolls! 5 in 0.8mm and 6 in 0.6mm. I figured if it is not as waxy as I would like, I can always run the thread through a block of wax. Looking forward to some stitching time with it. Hopefully I can put my search for thread to rest.

- Garrett

Thanks Garrett,

In the future if you have time to post a picture of a project using the thread, I would love to see it.

~Matt

Finished this up yesterday with the .8mm ecru. Thread definitely lays nice. looking forward to getting some .6mm

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Colours are shown when items are selected for the cart on Lakoza, but Fuxia shows Green and Cielio shows a Brown. I speak no Italian and Google says Fuxia is Fuscia/Magenta and Cielio is Sky Blue?

Edited by DaveC

that's what we all will be appreciated ))

Edited by nrk

I'm excited to announce the arrival of a new line of thread which goes by the name of Slam, and is a product of Italy. I've had trouble in the past finding a supplier who can produce 0.6mm, and 0.8mm with high quality and consistency. This thread fits the bill, and after working with it I am very happy with the results. I have not yet had a chance to take photos of example stitching, but those will come.

http://lekoza.com/Thread/

will get some Slam for sure soon.

Matt, what happened to Twin Eagle? They can't produce thinner (not only 1.1mm) ?

Cause I'm good with it, especially if the would have 0,6, 0,8 too ))

can you write a weight of 0,8 and 0,8 Slam thread bulks?

Edited by nrk

will get some Slam for sure soon.

Matt, what happened to Twin Eagle? They can't produce thinner (not only 1.1mm) ?

Cause I'm good with it, especially if the would have 0,6, 0,8 too ))

can you write a weight of 0,8 and 0,8 Slam thread bulks?

Yes I had some issues with the factory when trying to have them produce smaller thread sizes. The shipping weight of each roll is 6-7 ounces per 0.6mm roll, and 9-10 ounces for each 0.8mm roll. Look on the first page of this thread if you want to see a picture of the thread's braid - I uploaded a picture.

Colours are shown when items are selected for the cart on Lakoza, but Fuxia shows Green and Cielio shows a Brown. I speak no Italian and Google says Fuxia is Fuscia/Magenta and Cielio is Sky Blue?

Hi Dave. Fuxia is the Italian word for fuchsia. Cielio is misspelled on my site. I just updated it to Cilielgio, which means cherry tree. Not sure why it is named that, but don't worry - it is the brown that shows in the photo.

Matt,

Just watched Nigel Armitage's YouTube RE: the slam thread.  Looks quite promising and Mr. Armitage did go on a bit, very favorably.  Am just starting to do a bit more hand work, getting Tiger from Canada; however,  So this looks quite nice.

Is there any plan to add some heavier weights...1.0, 1.2, 1.4mm?

Thanks

I saw Nigel's video as well, as soon as the video was uploaded.  Right now, I've got a bit of .9mm Maine thread that I have to go through, which is a tad thicker than I expected it to be.  I expect that Slam will definitely be a viable option for me in the future, though.

Being the complete novice that I am, 500m of thread seems like a HUGE amount to use.  For $25 a roll, this is a great deal, but I can't help but think that for my purposes, it could get pretty damn costly if I want a bunch of different colours (at the very least the basic brown/white/black); and then I'd end up with more thread than I know what to do with.  Any chance of getting smaller rolls at a reduced price?

Yes, what's up with the missing colors? I wanted to try the blue in 0.6 but it's never available.