Stuggi

Help Identifying Pfaff Industrial Machine

Hi,

I've found a couple of machines like this online, but none of the owners seem to know the model of the machine. They look quite a bit like the Pfaff 487, which seems to be walking foot models, but I can't be sure from online descriptions. I'm looking for a machine that will do lighter leather and canvas projects (bags and such).

post-70558-0-56202300-1457120489_thumb.j

post-70558-0-61404300-1457120491_thumb.j

post-70558-0-70821900-1457120492_thumb.j

I think that's not a real walking foot machine. Compare it to walking foot machines like the Pfaff 145 or Pfaff 1245 they have two alternating feet and are much better for leatherwork. Unfortunately they are most likely more expensive. It always depends on the price but i would choose another machine.

Pfaff 563, high speed single needle for garment work, not to be confused with a Juki LU-563.

Okay, thanks! What's up with the weird bail that attaches to the foot, I've never seen anything like that while googling Pfaffs?

It looks like somebody has attached a coat hanger to the presser foot screw! The only reason I can imagine for doing that would be if the knee lever or foot lift pedal is missing or not working properly. Weird.

This is my Pfaff 481....high speed needle feed, straight stitch only.

post-46726-0-84160600-1457139818_thumb.j

Yours seems to have the little "paddle" missing from the manual presser foot lift. I think I can see the knee lift in the photo....

There are umpteen similar Pfaff models that are almost visually identical....463-481-483. I think the 461 and 563 don't have the built in bobbin winder, but I've not seen very many.

-DC

It looks like somebody has attached a coat hanger to the presser foot screw! The only reason I can imagine for doing that would be if the knee lever or foot lift pedal is missing or not working properly. Weird.

Okay, thanks, I think I'll steer clear of this one, I've found another that's similar looking, but probably in better condition. These are going for about 250€ so if I find a good one I'll get that one and use it as a trade in when I find a walking foot machine at a dealer.