I made a dog collar for my old Great Dane this weekend. She's worn a red collar her entire life, plus she's black and grey so red just looks best on her. I dyed it red tonight with Fiebing's spirit dye and it turned out nicely.

However, with it being a solid color the tooling doesn't pop well. I looked up red antiquing and didn't really find much. Il considering trying it with my method I use when not dyeing but wasn't sure if it would work on this.

What I've done for a brown antique before is to oil the leather (which I did this time prior to dyeing), two coats of tan kote, then Eco Flo antique and rub it off. It's worked beautifully on natural colored leather.

Just curious if I could do the Tan Kote and dark brown antique on this to get the impressions to go darker or if it would ruin the whole thing. Any ideas?

Well I tried it and it worked! Just gotta seal it tomorrow and put her buckle on.

post-70616-0-95573500-1457579745_thumb.j