Uwe

How-To Video: Adjusting A Juki Lu-563 Class Sewing Machine

This video shows how to adjust a Juki LU-563 class machine. I'm using my Tacsew T1563 in the demo video. The adjustments shown cover most things except hook timing (The Consew 225 Hook Timing video already covers that in great detail.)

This video has been a while in the making. It took some time to wrap my brain around that confounding reverse stitch length adjustment and to come up with a set of repeatable steps to dial in equal forward and reverse stitch length. There were no instructions to be found anywhere on how to balance the forward/reverse stitch length, so made up my own by analyzing the design and a fair amount of trial and error.

I'm using a little stitch length gauge in the video. You can make your own if you like using this PDF template: http://docs.uwe.net/SLG.pdf

Just print it on some label stock and attach it to cardboard.

Hopefully this video will take some of the mystery out of adjustments for that particular machine design.

This is a wonderful tutorial Uwe. Thanks for creating it and posting it here. Also, thanks for also posting the text in German for our members in Germany.

Holy smokes - Uwe - thats by far the best instruction Video I ever have seen. THANK YOU!!!!!

Some clever sewing machine dealers should REALLY open their mind and hire you for their product Videos - I´m serious!

That is a great tutorial

I stumbled through balancing my stitch length and can see I missed a couple of steps

Thanks for taking the time to record that

Great video and very useful for this model. I am looking forward to your expanded service video for the Adler 205-370 series (for self-serving reasons, admittedly). In a recent phone conversation with Allen Burkholder at Weaver Leather trying to sort out the issue of presser foot timing he mentioned and complemented your skills in videography and sewing machines. Well done.

Edited by llucas

Thank you so much for this excellent information and video! It's a godsend now that my machine repair man has sold his business.