Daniel G

Machine For Sewing Sneaker Midsole?

And what kind of budget is required to have this machine show up at your door step in North America? Is there some kind of code that prevents us from sharing how much this machine costs?

22 minutes ago, Uwe said:

And what kind of budget is required to have this machine show up at your door step in North America? Is there some kind of code that prevents us from sharing how much this machine costs?

Not really sure why your question is phrased as it is. Guess price hasn't been mentioned because no one asked.....till now. The cost for the machine, including shipping via FedEx is $260. Fees to wire the funds are additional. 

Thanks for sharing, Joe. I'd certainly be willing to do some polishing at that price point, haha. Sometimes folks don't want to reveal wholesale pricing for items intended for resale, and sometimes it's considered rude to ask how much something cost. I just wasn't quite sure in this particular instance, that's all.

3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Thanks for sharing, Joe. I'd certainly be willing to do some polishing at that price point, haha. Sometimes folks don't want to reveal wholesale pricing for items intended for resale, and sometimes it's considered rude to ask how much something cost. I just wasn't quite sure in this particular instance, that's all.

I think for the price you just can't go wrong. It's really a well made machine, just very rough. As I stated before, I would have no hesitation ordering from Robin Industries again. 

I was about to ask the same thing re-price. Looks like it might be pretty good for holsters/gunbelts, given the thread size. The only real issue with mine is the presser foot, the teeth on it are pretty vicious!!! I had intended making a new foot, but not long after buying it the electric machines came along (:rolleyes:) so they've kept me rather busy.

Still, it is rather tempting.....

Glad it worked out for you mate. You asked me about the supplier and I could only give my experience so really happy you got the same result.

@Hockeymender 

Hi Joe

I am really interested in purchasing one of these machines. I've been in touch with Robin Industry.

One concern I have, will it fit in the toe area of my shoes. It looks a little large to fit in a lot of sneakers.

I have attached a couple of images with the type of sneaker shape I would be using it for.

Do you think it would work for this type of sneaker?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Andrew

IMG_5411.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

Andrew,

I'm thinking the machine I had would be to large to fit into the toe of that shoe. I wanted it to sew the tongues into skates and it was too much for that job. Check the pic of the business end of the machine and I think you will see what I mean:

Shoepatch.jpg

Wouldn't a 29K51 be better for that depth ( room to sew ) of toe ? mine has an arm "diameter" ( it isn't a perfect circle, but a sort of "rounded off" square cross section at the bobbin end of 25mm or just a millimetre over and inch )..your Robin looks to be maybe twice as deep( top to bottom ) as that from the needle plate to the underside of the arm ? I'm basing that "guesstimate" on the needle diameter , if the needle is a #20 or so ?

Yea it looks a little on the large size. Apparently Robin Industry can modify the machine. I will send them a sample and see what they come back with. Thanks for your help. 

23 hours ago, AndyMH said:

@Hockeymender Also Joe are you able to change the stitch size, length etc?

Yes, that is all adjustable. 

It was a occasional opportunity to find this site, and i‘m very surprise that so many people were discussing our company's RC-32-2A sewing machine, and we had to admit that it was not a good machine for workmanship, but the quality is no problems,The reason why we do not accept paypal, because when some customers bought the machine, maybe they will not use or they think it is rough workmanship, so they may choose to paypal complaints, because the machine is very heavy, we can not accept the return, it will case us trouble, so we cann't accept paypal. 

@AndyMH

Hi Andy, did they ever get back to you about whether it's possible to modify the size of the lower arm to fit into a standard size sneaker?  I know it's been several years since your last input...but wondering what happened with your correspondence/experience with the machine.  I'd like to purchase one for similar purposes, and curious what you discovered on that front.  Any insight would be appreciated!

On 2018/10/3 at 1:01 AM, Mmiel said:

@AndyMH

Hi Andy, did they ever get back to you about whether it's possible to modify the size of the lower arm to fit into a standard size sneaker?  I know it's been several years since your last input...but wondering what happened with your correspondence/experience with the machine.  I'd like to purchase one for similar purposes, and curious what you discovered on that front.  Any insight would be appreciated!

Hi, Meiel, if you want stitching sneaker shoes midsole sidewall, the best machine is another one, it stitching more smooth, attached a video for you.:

I know this is an old thread, but I'm thinking of buying a hand crank sidewall stitcher from Robin Industries. I'd like to know if the sidewall sticher can be used as an insole stitcher? I don't think the other way around will work. 

Hockeymender, how has your machine been working. I already have a shoe patcher, and it works as expected.

I sold the machine shortly after I discovered it could not sew the skate tongues. 

On 3/10/2019 at 11:12 PM, nate186 said:

I know this is an old thread, but I'm thinking of buying a hand crank sidewall stitcher from Robin Industries. I'd like to know if the sidewall sticher can be used as an insole stitcher? I don't think the other way around will work. 

Hockeymender, how has your machine been working. I already have a shoe patcher, and it works as expected.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:18 AM, Hockeymender said:

I sold the machine shortly after I discovered it could not sew the skate tongues. 

Hi nate 186 and hockeymenders,  If you have a higher budget, we suggest you buy our SP168 sidewall sole stitching machine,  we can help you test the shoes before you buy,  we send several these machine to USA before such as Chicago, Detroit, San Jose, Fresno,New York and so on.

More information please check the below link:

http://robinindustry.com/product/395.html

On 3/18/2016 at 11:05 PM, Wizcrafts said:

I was going to mention the McKay machines, but, after watching a few videos, realized that they are not really meant for sewing sidewalls. McKays are chainstitch machines and rely upon overlaid insoles to hide the thread chains. If a member owns a McKay, perhaps they will chime in and tell us if the machine can sew sidewalls on sneakers.

(A very late response, sorry)

I've never thought about trying to use a McKay for side wall stitching but I'll check mine. The biggest problem will be the material advance mechanism...  a single pawl that digs into the material and pushes it forward (toward the awl) that likes a pre-cut channel.  It is a chain Stitcher but that's not a bad thing in this case. Chain stitch has way more stretch than a lockstitch does and would allow the sidewalls to flex better but will unravel if not tied off or glued correctly and the wrong loose thread is pulled.  If you notice, this machine in the video, does NOT pull the lockstitch very tight... you can reduce the size of the shoe by 1/4-1/2 an American Size that way(yeah, I've done that hand-stitching using a saddle stitch :/ )

And yes, a Jerk Awl IS what I usually use to sidewall stitch the toe box if needed. You can go pretty quickly once you get the hang of it. A Speedy Stitcher isn't very useful in the dark confines of a shoe upper.

Btw... a McKay (or Champion) model 77(Insole stitcher) and it's ilk will not work inside a boot due to its horn limitations... thus the need for an Outsole (welt stitcher)  like the Landis K machines. The McKay is far simpler a machine.