Mother in law gave me this saddle just was curious to the history and what it might be worth. If it's of value I may have someone with more experience restore it before it tore into it. Gave it to me as a practice saddle. I searched the maker and said it's like a late 1800s to 1930s saddle maker. Leather for most part still seems good. Latigo and saddle strings need replaced but i haven't really dove into it yet. Pictures to come.

A. W. Maier was in business from 1914 to 1947 in Fredericksburg, TX.

This looks like a saddle of good enough quality and in good enough condition, that I would not hesitate to restore it. I don't know that it of much value collector-wise, although I don't know that it's not. There are many others that are much more knowledgeable on that subject than I am. I just see a good saddle that needs some TLC, in fact, it's possible this saddle could be a user (as opposed to "for display purposes only") after restoration. I do see something that may be my number one pet peeve: someone relined this saddle without taking the time to do it right. There are times that the original stitch line is in such poor shape that it is impossible to sew in the old holes. But from what I see here, that was not the case. It was just a matter of someone being too lazy or too ignorant to do it right. Good luck with your project.

Thanks for the reply. The leather is still darn good as far as a whole. There's wear but no major repairs. To make it rideable Fleece stitching would be my biggest concerns. Thanks again it'll be fun

That, and finding narrow enough horses that it will work well on them. Horses are a lot larger and broader than they were 100 years ago. Sort of like a lot of people...