shadowryder

Predator Seat For Honda Fury..

Just finished this one for a friend,standard solo seat for Honda Fury cruiser,

fitted gel pad and memory foam internals, cover is 3mm veg tan on top and thick hide upholstery leather on the sides,

Put together with Mexican braid, dyed with fieblings spirit dyes,antiqued and finished with diluted then full mix Resoline..

post-22861-0-00006400-1458391317_thumb.j

post-22861-0-39410300-1458391349_thumb.j

Edited by shadowryder

very nice

thankyou..

Nice but er, that's a xenomorph, not a Predator. < /nerd >

Guy gave me a picture, I used it, He called it a "predator"

not being a sci fi nerd ,I do not know,

But thanks for your comment on the work..

Looks good, and to me a through time kinda pic background and fits. uh just me, and I'm old

The braid is seriously 100++, I need to figure that out!

? any spec on the foam, if you recall appreciate it.

later

Floyd

Very nice! I love the dying job. Being a bike seat, it needs to be fairly water proof. You say you finish it with a diluted then full mix resoline, can you tell me exactly what product you use? As my work requires weather proofing and I'm looking for the best options.

Cool.

Brmax,

Hi, thanks for your comments,Braiding comes good with practice my friend,each one I do gets better,

The memory foam I used is a 1 inch thick memory foam mattress cover that I bought and cut up as I needed.I cut and shape using an electric carving knife.

Lessyl

Hi, again thanks for your comments,

To finish the seat after colour I used an antiquing paste/polish,on with sponge and off with micro fibre cloth, I then applied 3 coats of Resoline diluted 50/50 allow to dry n buff,then 3 coats @ 70 /30 allow to dry n buff,and finished with 3 or 4 coats of neat resoline buffed up with microfibre cloth when dry.

Obviously leather is never 100% w/proof but this makes it water repellant for showers etc,

I advise clients to use a waterproofing balsam for general maintainance.

Thanks Toney..

:thumbsup:

Well thank you Gndy,,

Pictures can be seen on my Facebook page seeing as others have gone with the upgrade..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.500555793310161.120989.499121750120232&type=3

Edited by shadowryder
loss of pictures

guys, do you see photo ?
i assume there is a photo attached by topicstarter - but can't see anything

is that because of forum update??

8 hours ago, nrk said:

guys, do you see photo ?

i assume there is a photo attached by topicstarter - but can't see anything

is that because of forum update??

I did have 3 photos with the 1st post,these have disappeared since the upgrade these are from20160318_172132.jpg20160318_172138.jpg20160316_193404.jpg20160318_172147.jpg my web site.

20160318_172147.jpg

post-22861-0-00006400-1458391317_thumb.j

post-22861-0-39410300-1458391349_thumb.j

post-22861-0-29498600-1458391372_thumb.j

Edited by shadowryder
pictures

4 hours ago, shadowryder said:

I did have 3 photos with the 1st post,these have disappeared since the upgrade these are from20160318_172132.jpg20160318_172138.jpg20160316_193404.jpg20160318_172147.jpg my web site.

20160318_172147.jpg

cool  )

tnx

Umm..that is the "Alien"..from the movies of the same name(s) featuring Sigourney Weaver..

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-alien-big-chap-sideshow-collectibles-2002331/

Predator is another character entirely..but who did feature in other movies , including a movie with the Alien..

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/predator-scar-predator-hot-toys-902001/

I do hope your friend asked for "alien" and not "predator"..or they may be disappointed..

ps..love North Wales..know it well ..lived in Shropshire for many years, spent every possible moment in North Wales from 1970 onwards to 87..

15 hours ago, mikesc said:

Umm..that is the "Alien"..from the movies of the same name(s) featuring Sigourney Weaver..

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-alien-big-chap-sideshow-collectibles-2002331/

Predator is another character entirely..but who did feature in other movies , including a movie with the Alien..

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/predator-scar-predator-hot-toys-902001/

I do hope your friend asked for "alien" and not "predator"..or they may be disappointed..

As mentioned earlier in the topic,Mike I was given the picture and copied it He called it Predator as that is the name of the Mcc He is a member of.   

Edited by shadowryder

Yeah North Wales is a great place to live,out on the trike every opportunity I get round Snowdonia,

Although I am origionaly from Cumbria up in the Lake District.

Which again is beautiful country.