I made an aluminum cribbage board for a friend back in machinist days. Now, in my "leatherworker" days he asked for a case :)

Fun project! All 8/9 oz veg tan with briar brown EcoFlo antique gel, cream Ritza 1.0mm thread, carnauba cream finish.

All the best,

Tanner

@claridge_leather (Instagram)

post-66685-0-05315000-1458600784_thumb.j

post-66685-0-60341200-1458600802_thumb.j

post-66685-0-46316000-1458600810_thumb.j

post-66685-0-40284600-1458600819_thumb.j

I really like this. Stitching looks really nice, edge looks great but my eye keeps getting drawn to the snap piece and it just looks odd to me where it is off centered by so much. I know it's done to match the cut out of the body but it just doesn't look right to me.

Funny, I like the off center look, to each his/her own. That is some fine work, your friend now has a case of heirloom quality to span generations.

Fine looking work. The little glimpse of the board is a teaser - I just bet the board is of the same caliber workmanship. I'm totally jealous of your friend. I, too, like the offset flap. Thanks for showing it. Beautiful molding.

Fine looking work. The little glimpse of the board is a teaser - I just bet the board is of the same caliber workmanship. I'm totally jealous of your friend. I, too, like the offset flap. Thanks for showing it. Beautiful molding.

Thanks a lot! Here are a couple pics of the board-- unfortunately those are "out of print", as I am not a machinist anymore! Made a few for friends one Christmas... Cheers!

post-66685-0-32603900-1458710912_thumb.j

post-66685-0-55168600-1458710925_thumb.j

post-66685-0-34938700-1458710940_thumb.j

Absolutely gorgeous! As Tugadude said above, heirloom quality. Or, as Darth Vader would say, "Impressive."

Thanks for showing it.

That's a great case but I'd give my eye teeth for that cribbage board!

Michelle

On 4/20/2016 at 5:24 AM, silverwingit said:

That's a great case but I'd give my eye teeth for that cribbage board!

Michelle

:) Glad you like it! I wish I had a CNC mill and lathe in the garage so I could send one down to you! Only leather tools now, though...