I am about to purchase a grey Adler 30-1. Don't have the S/N number yet. I understand there are 3 colors that correspond to dates of manufacture ....black, greenish and grey. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the color/dates are....or if not dates series or revisions. Also got a 30 manual download but don't know if all of the info pertains to the 30-1 or are their some differences. Also are there any reputable parts people that I could get any needed parts for the 30-1. My first post here ....hope to contribute more in the future. Mark

The Grey 30-1 machines were the last ones made before they went to the 30-10. Some parts for the 30-1 are no longer available. Depending on what you need, there are people such as Bob at Toledo Sewing that might be able to help you with parts. I have some parts as well as parts list and operation manuals. I believe the 30-10 machines came in the late 70's. The Green Adler patchers came out in the mid to late 50's. The grey 30-1 machines came out in the early 70's. Before the green machines, everything was black. Hope that helps.

glenn

The Adler 30-1 is using some of the Singer 29K parts (hook, bobbin and afaik bell crank lever and maybe a few more). You never know if the machine has been refurnished / repainted or not so I would not count on the color alone. The 30-1 technically remained pretty much the same over the decades beside color, housing, thread adjuster thumb screw and maybe a few minor parts but I don´t recall any further.

I don´t know sources for Adler 30-1 parts in the US but in case you will need spare parts you probably will pay more for parts than for the machine. Adler parts are VERY expensive. Thats a fact you should keep in mind when buying an older Adler machine.

If I had to choose between a 30-1 and lets say a Singer 29K73 I would always take the Singer. The later Singer models are technically much more advanced. And don´t buy that Adler 30-1 are more reliable or "more heavy duty" or better built than the Singer patchers. I have restored both and the parts are pretty much all the same kind there is nothing heavier in the Adler or the Singer - maybe the weight of the housing but that's unimportant.

Both machines are doing the exact same job. But I have to admit that the treadle base on the Adler 30-1 have heavier / larger balance wheels (if still original base).

regarding color black are the oldest, followed by the greenish and then the light grey (if not repainted)

EDIT

Door bell rang - took too long to write - I knew Glenn will jump in here ;)

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you all for the info, very helpful. Picked it up yesterday. looks to be in pretty good condition.  It is Grey and plate has stamped on it  "Model 30-1" with S/N of "116346" .  Been trying to find the year of manufacturer on the net ....but no luck ....anyone have an idea of how to find that out? I did find a manual and downloaded it. so will be playing with it in a few weeks.

Mark

I think there are no serial # data available from Adler. If it has an aluminum tag on the backside it at least from the 1970´s AFAIK. But maybe you can post some pictures of your machine.

Thanks ...I will post a pic after I get it out of the truck. Takes two to tango with that boat anchor.

Can someone tell me the age of my Adler 30-1. Serial number 89749 please

Edited by monkeyfacenz
Add photo

Can someone tell me the age of my Adler 30-1. Serial number 

18A17637-901E-4633-806A-B45AEA3927F3.jpeg