I purchased this Fossil purse from Value Village in hopes of resurrecting it.  It was badly strained but trying to clean it just made it worse.  So I took it apart to use for a pattern.  The only items I was able to reuse where the handles,  the buckles but not the tabs, and the interior. It was pretty amazing to see all the different sorts of interfacing that were utilized to give the bag its shape. I had some fabric that I had purchased in Guatemala years ago and am glad to finally have a project for it.  It ended up a little smaller than the original because of some different construction methods so I had to take a little off the liner to maintain the fit. I find it difficult to get as even a binding as I would like, even though I contact cemented it first. I think the original was done on a binder, are there tricks to achieve that even a result without using a binding attachment?

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1821.thumb.jpg.98ec939fef373ead649ad

IMG_1809.thumb.jpg.4609b9f74b773e3d34028

Edited by rosiart
pîctures

Interesting construction, very well executed. I like the leather and fabric combination.

Last year I learned some Spanish in Guatemala. Shoulda brought home some tejido too.

I studied some Spanish there but unfortunately when you don't use it,  you lose it...particularly los verbos  ( groan).

The fabrics there are amazing and I am so glad to finally put some of this one to use.  It makes the purse much lighter than an all leather construction would.