I've used resolene full strength on edges for years with great results. It works well on all surfaces as well as pasting down fibers on the flesh side. I tend to stay away from it for top coats unless I'm really trying to seal a finish in. 50/50 if I do. 

On 3/13/2018 at 8:10 PM, Lizardo said:

I have a quart bottle of Resolene that I bought years ago...I have yet to use any, LOL. I am a creature of habit, I finish with EVOO and neutral shoe polish. I prefer a muted luster instead of a shine. I used Super Sheen for years as well as Neat Lac. I stopped after one bad experience, my own fault, I turned a gunbelt over before the Neat Lac had dried and ruined the finish. That was thirty plus years ago. Still have the belt and I still see the spot...

I feel the same, wary of Resolene! I used neatsfoot oil. What shoe polish brand do you use?

On 3/5/2020 at 11:38 AM, DustyLove said:

I feel the same, wary of Resolene! I used neatsfoot oil. What shoe polish brand do you use?

Good ole Kiwi neutral.

I finally bought some Resolene to give it a try. I diluted it MORE than 50/50 with water, and it ruined the dog collar I put it on! It made the finish very streaky.  I applied it over top of Fiebing's antique, which had been allowed to dry for 48 hours.

I didn't get very good results with another project I tried it on, either! But I noticed it seemed to be very thick, and dried very quickly. I'm wondering if it was maybe old stock that was a bit dried up to start with?

If I use it again, I'll dilute the heck out of it, and see if that helps!