rockin b

Purchasing 3 sewing machines and need input

I am possibly purchasing 3 machines. Singer 7-31, Juki 562 and a Seiko Cw 8 B. I am planning on using them in leather repair for harness and bridles plus chaps and the like. All come with tables and motors. Any input on these machines would be grateful..The guy I am buying from has many machines. He is putting motors to them. I read here the 7-31 for harness should have a jump feed slotted single pressure foot and it does. I own a 29 patch machine already but thinking on a motor for that as well. New at this so all ears.

If the 7-31 uses needle system 1000H they only come in round point, no leather points. In heavy harness leather you might have a problem

rockin b
The 7-31 should use a 7x1 or 7x3 needle (which is  a 794 like on a 205).  These are round points.  A 7x2 and the 794S are leather points and the 794S are available in most places. The Juki 562 is a small bobbin walking foot machine like the 111W155 but with reverse.   it will sew chap leather all day.  I never can get the Seiko models number correct so what is the Seiko Cw 8b?  Is that the one like the Consew 227 or is it like the Consew 206?    Either way, these are all good machine to sew leather with.

glenn