Are you still working on the site, because the adult section and photos are not showing in my account.

As well, . . . the "recent posts" is a blank screen, . . . "No new posts available" or something to that effect.

May God bless,

Dwight

If you click on the toolbar that says "activity" you will see a menu of choices. If you click "unread content" you will find a lot of options as to how you want it displayed or configured. I set mine to show recent posts and comments, not specifying any tags. You may want to only see info related to holsters, for example, so you can filter out all the saddles. Please make sure you've set your choices before you get frustrated that you're not seeing what you want to see.

The adult section has an issue, and I'm working with the board's makers to figure that out. It may take a day or two. Pics are starting to show up in their correct spot board wide. We have about 60 gigs of pics, so it takes time to process all the attachments. We're getting there.

~J

The unread content link, top right - for some reason has an interesting tag appended...

/unread/?&stream_tags=bdsm

:D

Me too, and I haven't got the faintest idea why. That's what I'm working on at the moment.

Looks like the link is formatted correctly but it's getting appended when clicked. It looks like a languages and phrases issue to me. You could try searching your phrases for bdsm and see if it's popping up.

Edited by Martyn

If you click it off it goes away, but then pops up as soon as you click new content again. Trying to sort it out now.

I'm more familiar with vbulletin than IPB, but do you have a phrases manager in your admin control panel? If so, search it for bdsm and have a look what pops up. It's obviously not an IPB native code issue, it's going to be a mod or tweak and more than likely will show in a replacements or phrases search.

Or im totally wrong and it wont. Worth a try though. Just a suggestion. :)

Edited by Martyn

Okay, once you set the stream the way you like it you have to save it with a name, then click the green button next to "unread content" to set it as your default. Then it works fine. I didn't see the save and default at first.

Yeah, that saves a custom stream to your personal menu in the drop down in the header. It doesnt change the default though.

But it fixes the "new content" link on the right side of the page, which is easier to click than in the toolbar. I renamed my "stream".

Unfortunately, it doesnt fix it for me. I still get the errant tag in spite of a custom stream. Also, It would only fix it for the individual, it's not forum wide.

I'm still looking for a way to deep six the BDSM tag that is popping up.

On 3/26/2016 at 3:23 PM, Martyn said:

Yeah, that saves a custom stream to your personal menu in the drop down in the header. It doesnt change the default though.

On 3/26/2016 at 3:32 PM, Johanna said:

But it fixes the "new content" link on the right side of the page, which is easier to click than in the toolbar. I renamed my "stream".

On 3/26/2016 at 3:36 PM, Martyn said:

Unfortunately, it doesnt fix it for me. I still get the errant tag in spite of a custom stream. Also, It would only fix it for the individual, it's not forum wide.

I thought the wierd tag might have been me clicking on something.

Couldn't find a way to correct the default, but I could change the default if that makes sense.

Workaround for now.... From the toolbar at the top that says Activity then New Content in the drop down menu

1 open up the default stream

2 unclick the bdsm tag in the first drop down

3 save as new custom stream eg my unread

4 beside the stream name above the list of articles are three little icons, a pen for editing the stream, a dustbin to delete the custom stream, a tick to make this stream your default.  These are greyed out initially, you need to hover the mouse over them

5 select the tick and your custom stream appears in place of the dodgy new posts stream, with the name you gave it.

6 your custom stream without the tag is now the default.

Sorry for bad formatting , using tablet so battling autocorrect and a twitchy touchscreen at the moment.

Hope this helps in the short term.

Cheers!

Thank you for typing that out penguineer.  Save your stream (look to the right) and name it (type holsters, for example) then tick default. That alters the behavior of the convenient "new content" button on the right too. I'm trying to get this resolved ASAP. It selected that tag because alphabetically BDSM is first on the list of "most popular tags". I will nuke it if I have to. Thanks everyone

Still not getting any new content. ...

The old skin was ways better. Now the home page and forums pages waste tons of space with large fonts, but the messages are in tiny font.

Oh, those changes for the sake of changes! :(

Speaking about this is I try to go back to what use to be the home page it comes up as a bad address so I have bookmarked the forum pages, is there a different hope page address for the site?

I broke the home page. I am working right now to fix that pesky new content bar. There is a temporary work-around here: