phamcaovien

How to make a bottom of tote bag like that ?

Hello all.

I'm newbie and learning leather handmade. I want to make a bottom of tote bag like that, but I don't know how to do that ?. Please show me how to folding bottom like that.

Thanks for your support.

day-tui.JPG

day-tui.JPG.94e71cc789fdc2cf88413bca503e

You may need to try making a full-size model tote from thick posterboard. Then cover the posterboard with paper and tape until you get the shape you want. Then cut the tape and you will have templates for your leather. This tote appears to be a structural material wrapped in fabric or printed leather.

Edited by johnv474
forgot word

Not sure, but I think the OP is wanting the technique, not a pattern.  Looks to me that you would stitch the bag inside-out with a slightly rounded edge on both corners.  Then turn it rightside-out and flatten/fold the corner down and stitch.  A smooth-faced hammer would help crease it to lay flat.  Possibly have to dampen the corner too.

That's my best shot, perhaps some purse or bag experts can chime in.

Edited by Tugadude

Could you post the exterior as well please? Might be easier to tell which lines are what.

Never mind, I found it. http://www.lusso.my/reversible-gg-leather-tote-dark-cipria

It's a reversible bag. Hope someone has an idea. This is beyond my experience.

eee-700x700.jpg

I'm assuming, that the exterior is the same as the interior in size and shape and the rounded bottom/corners are needed to make it a reversible bag. That's all I can say about it.

Just like the attached pattern.

4665999331_d091ec3a60_z.jpg

4665999331_d091ec3a60_z.jpg.6baf1b8230fd

Edited by Thor

To the OP, next time don't crop the photo please.  It is pretty clear what is going on now that the full pictures were posted.