JerseyFirefighter

Tapered strap end punch?

Looking to see if there's such a tool or punch that can taper a strap. I do a bunch of straps that would require a taper and would like consistent angles and speeding up the process. Below is an example that would be similar, however I dont leave such a large tail at the end to attach hardware. Id like to be able to set up 10-20 straps at a time and just hammer away with greater precision and consistency. After looking I assume they dont sell things like this. Is there a company that can make custom dies almost like clicker dies with a welded shaft to hammer like a regular strap end punch? Thanks in advance. 

Strapend.jpg

Strapend.jpg.cd1c99438bffd9b7a48acd6b580

I know there's a place that makes templates out of laser cut plastic.  Maybe someone will have an answer for you.  I'd be interested to know too.

1 hour ago, Bobby hdflame said:

I know there's a place that makes templates out of laser cut plastic.  Maybe someone will have an answer for you.  I'd be interested to know too.

I have a few of their spacer templates. I lve considered those as an alternative, but if I can have a die cut to consolidate the steps I would be all over it.

Try Texascustomdies.com, they advertise here as well, they can build you a die for your needs at a fair price with good turn around.  You might have to sharpen the die to your liking.  They claim very sharp but I did not find that to be totally accurate.