ponyup

How to measure my foot to buy a last

Hi everyone, I have the bug to make myself some shoes, and I'm trying to figure out how to measure my foot for a last or vise-versa.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sorrell sells lasts now.

If Lisa doesn't have them try shoedo.com. I agree, the lasts are one of the hardest parts to building shoes, your choices are very limited. 

Electrathon, thanks for the tip on shoedo.com. Lasts are indeed the hardest thing to come up with for the amateur shoe maker. I've been buying used lasts off ebay and reshaping, repairing for my use (I'm a woodworker too). Unfortunately, it's not easy to find the Munson lasts I prefer and my collection is far from complete with regards to sizes. Shoedo.com has some very interesting looking lasts on their website. Here's an example of some shoes I recently completed on a pair of Munson lasts.

Grizzly Saddle Color on Munson Last 2 resized.jpg

Thanks for the shoedo.com option, ill have a look there.  Really enjoy watching Lisa's videos and she has a lot of great stuff in her notions store, but unfortunately every time I look for lasts there, they are always out of stock!!!   I'm just about to the point of trying to carve my own!!!  So as a hint, everyone start buying stock with bandaid companies!!!!  LOL

This guy has a good tutorial for making a shoe last.

http://timurborte.blogspot.com/2011/06/makeing-basic-shoe-last.html

This is the one I'm fixing to follow. I just bought the tools to do it.

But we are thinking that someone stole our power saw because it's disappeared! Unless his brother "borrowed it" without saying.

Edited by HobbledCobbler