Need help anybody make a holster for a Hi-Point 9mm hand gun. Have to make a holster and the gun is not available. Not going to invest in a blue gun for one holster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Unfortunately, . . . you will be making a Lincoln to haul pigs in.  

Hi-Point firearms are notoriously heavy and unweildy beasts, . . . make sure you use at least 8 oz leather on that thing, . . . and put some kind of retention strap on it.

I personally have never been asked to make one, . . . and from my personal experience with one of them, . . . it's just as well.  Last time I held one, . . . my finger had been clear of the trigger for a good 10 seconds when it finally decided it wanted to go boom.

Depending on how good you are at woodwork, . . .  you may be able to cobble up a dummy gun from wood that will suffice.  I've done that in a pinch a few times.

May God bless,

Dwight

I wonder if this gun is similar to some of the more popular guns on the market today that I can copy.

No, . . . believe me, . . . this is a "one of a kind" weapon.  

They sell for less than $200 new, . . . if that gives you any idea.  Personally, . . . would not own one unless I had to.

Google "image hi point 9mm" and double click on "more images".  It'll give you an idea of what you're dealing with.

Plus, . . . there are several different versions of the 9mm if I'm not mistaken, . . . you would need to know exactly which one.  It's kind of akin to saying you are making a holster for a Glock 9mm.  Which one???????

May God bless,

Dwight

I you have access to the HiPoint check the measurements against this gun.

https://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/bersa/thunder-pro-ultra-compact-9mm

If you think that it is close enough to work I can loan you a bluegun of the Bersa.

rick

Actually, the Hi-Point firearms have a high degree of dependability. Most of this is contributed to how they are constructed. The Hi-Point is a blow back design semi-auto rather than a recoil operated design as is John Moses Browning's 1911. And that is why they have this massive slide sitting on the frame. Since there is no lock up with barrel and slide, the slide must handle the "push" caused by the blast. Ugly but functional. Did I mention inexpensive?

Rickdroid, Thank you.  Just made a holster for the  Bersa .  Thanks again for the clue.

Bunkhouse Tools has a Hi Point mold that costs a good bit less than other molds. http://www.shop.bunkhousetools.com/Holster-Molds_c2.htm?page=all

They aren't shaped like anything else, not even remotely. In order to make a holster for one, you'd either have to get a mold, or use the actual gun.

I don't mean to knock anyone, but I've got to go with Dwight on this one -- the holster would probably be worth almost as much as the gun.

I've been asked twice if I could make a holster for a Hi Point, but neither person went through with the order, so I never got a mold for one. I'm pretty sure my prices were a big factor in that. Spending 85 to 100 dollars on a holster for a 1911 or Sig is no big deal, but that's more than half the cost of a $160 Hi Point.

Might try a Cordless drill, there is quite a resemblance.  lol  I made a hybrid for my dad's .45.  They make drills that are smaller than that gun.  Oh, and it had the cheap laser.  Sheesh.  If it was not my dad I would have refused.  Nearly refused anyway.  

Never thought about the price of the gun and the cost of the holster. He's better off getting a cheap stock holster. I think I'll close my eyes and run for the woods. LOL

I have made holsters without the gun but asked for full size tracings and a few key dimensions then patterned it, made it, Did a first rough mold out of the pocket by hand or with a "close" form factor gun, sent it... then talked them through the wet molding. They seem to have been very happy with the results and had fun being part of the process. they get a little ownership and bragging rights.

Not ideal but.....

Found some before and after customer molding shots. granted I tend to cut my patterns tight but he was please and it sat where it was patterned to sit and based on rig he said he liked the look of.

Doc1.jpg

image1.JPG

Doc1.jpg.987e32ce9b59183d5adafcc99787086

image1.JPG.9470184f6c8dad8f100a9ec8551f8

Edited by plinkercases