Black Dogg

Finally got my shop set up!

As a bit of an update to an old post, here is the shop as it looks now with the walls done. The boards are 1x6 spruce straight from the sawmill and just lightly sanded on the out-facing side. Brightens things up nicely! The view out the windows is still the same, I just had to take the pictures at night so I wouldn't get all the glare from the sun.

shopwalls1.jpg.bc8f7a2e4dea25c1f4ad5d73438e95ef.jpgshopwalls2.jpg.194e014184f92baf5eb14f4cd65350c8.jpg

The windows still need trimming, that'll come soon. And yes, Black Dogg Leather the name of my shop!

Black Dogg

5 minutes ago, Black Dogg said:

As a bit of an update to an old post, here is the shop as it looks now with the walls done. The boards are 1x6 spruce straight from the sawmill and just lightly sanded on the out-facing side. Brightens things up nicely! The view out the windows is still the same, I just had to take the pictures at night so I wouldn't get all the glare from the sun.

shopwalls1.jpg.bc8f7a2e4dea25c1f4ad5d73438e95ef.jpgshopwalls2.jpg.194e014184f92baf5eb14f4cd65350c8.jpg

The windows still need trimming, that'll come soon. And yes, Black Dogg Leather the name of my shop!

Black Dogg

That's a great looking shop!  I love the rustic look of it!

Gary

Shop looks great! Bet you enjoy that.

I like it! Looks like you have an awesome view out those windows too.

Can I come and live with you lol I am jealous mate great set up!

Excellent finish out.  I'll bet it smells as good as it looks with all that freshly sawn spruce.   Years ago I built a small stand alone shed (nothing special) and for a couple weeks afterward I would hang out in the evenings with an AM radio tuned to a country station, a cooler of beers, and just take in the smell of the freshly cut wood.   I wouldn't be surprised if you were doing the same.  :-) 

Thanks for the update.

Edit: On the other hand, a shop named "Black Dogg" is probably listening to a classic rock station however.  :-)

Edited by cseeger

Thank you all for the kind comments! Yes, it's been a while in the making, but I finally have the set-up that I've always wanted.

georgiapine85: The view is great, you are right about that. I'm hoping the wildlife will get used to me being there (now that I have moved to the Cabin permanently) and looking forward to seeing some deer or turkeys mosey by while I'm working :).

cseeger: The spruce doesn't smell much anymore; it was sawn in May of last year and has spent its time drying in the Cabin, so it could shrink before I nailed up. But while it was sitting in the stack in the living room it smelled good. And yes, it's country tunes for me (mostly, sometimes some oldies, too). The name Black Dogg is because I like black dogs (Labs in particular). See my other post here: 

Black Dogg

It just looks like paradise.

Thanks, bikermutt!

It is paradise, considering the set-up I had in my apartments, where everything was crammed together and I only had small windows. The best days here are in the winter when it's a snowy day and I can sit and carve while looking at the falling flakes. Doesn't get much better than that!

Black Dogg