goldstamping

Leather Company Went Out of Business, Trying to Sell Assets

Hello;

We just purchased a building which used to be the home of a leather working company. They produced everything from halters (horses & cows) to dog leashes. We purchased the building and contents because the family did not want to spend the time to sort all of this out. We are now in the position of trying to find homes for everything. There are over 900 halters, there is all sorts of equipment and tons (literally tons) of hardware in this building. He bought his hardware by the pallet and most is North & Judd. There is a 55 gallon container of a tanning compound he had custom made for his business and a dipping tank, I can not even tell you everything that is here because not being in the business I would do it a dis-service, so I have attached some links to pages of pictures we have so far. If anyone is interested in, please let us know and let's see if we can work it out. There is also a cart of 1/8" Leather shoulders here which we have sold a few and were told they were excellent by the fella who purchased them. He made gun holsters out of Texas.

Here are the links:

https://app.box.com/s/wl7mlcqjr9wsvnsp9lxavw1rocncl5df

https://app.box.com/s/2fpit4r5yrx4xzn5qmnv

https://app.box.com/s/cevypyk34jn8gewm1t8c

https://app.box.com/s/iw1ya8rpyr68kgyzh1qv

Let me know if you have any question and I will do my best to answer them or take additional photos if needed.

Thank you.

Just a fue questions.where are you at. And how much are you sell 

So what are the shoulders going for

7am 4/1/16 what is the cost

are  you selling or not ?

It looks like these may be located in NC. It might be difficult to put together a complete inventory, because it looks like there is a lot!

Edited by johnv474
word

14 minutes ago, rsee03 said:

Any Artisan Tor 3000 machines?

Other than the hardware, this is the machinery:

The other equipment that is here is:
Tubular Rivet Machines
Western Cut-Out Machine (plus 2 dies)
Numberall Marking Machine (Looks like a dog tag embossing machine)
Schmidt Marking Machine (same as above)
Landis 30 (with additional blades)
Milford Rivet Machine(Spot Setter)
North & Judd Spot Setter

Electro Punch - Black & Webster (Strap Cutter)

On 4/1/2016 at 0:43 AM, thunter9 said:

Just a fue questions.where are you at. And how much are you sell 

We are located in Gastonia, NC

On 4/1/2016 at 0:45 AM, thunter9 said:

So what are the shoulders going for

The shoulders are $75 per piece plus whatever the actual shipping charges are via UPS.

from one photo it looked like there was some 8/9 oz leather, how many of them are there and you want 75.00 per side is that correct?

does anyone know if this is for real, are they just slow to respond to questions? 

42 minutes ago, OLDNSLOW said:

does anyone know if this is for real, are they just slow to respond to questions? 

Dear OLDNSLOW;

Yes it is for real, but it does take me some time to get back to this as it is not my full time job. I own a company which has nothing to do with this that takes up 12-16 hours a day, I hope you can understand, that this is something I am trying to work on when I can come up for air from what I have to do.

The double shoulders have been selling at $75 per piece and there are currently approx. 29 left, along with a bunch of cut pieces.

I do apologize for the delay, please bare with me as we are truly swamped by the response we have received.

Thank you.

ok, I have an interest in some leather and there were some other items that I looked at that were in the boxes that I also have an interest in but would need more info on them, when you have them time let me know I will pm you my contact info so that we can talk about it if that is ok with you!

Thanks

O n S

Ron

Not sure if you will see this considering it is the weekend, I did call and leave a message with hopes that we could speak again as we had planed, I do understand that you are busy and your interests are lay in other areas. please give a call when convient

I might be interested in the leather & some other stuff as well I am only 45 minutes from you.  I will send a PM

I don't know what to think? have left numerous messages here. called numerous times never seems to call back or anything. this is getting old HAS ANYONE BOUGHT ANY OF THIS it post started over 1 1/2 weeks ago. . guess its been 9 days . maybe his phones flying off the hook. and he's just to busy to remember to call or leave me a message. good luck on getting any of this.

its the second weekend lol

Thunter9;

Good morning. I apologize for not contacting you directly, I answered your question when asked by someone else and just got my emails messed up and thought it was to you. The Double shoulders are $75. As to the hardware, we have had so much interest that we decided the best thing to do was put the items on a WIX website so that we could better show what is here. As I have mentioned, we have thousand's of pounds of this stuff and not being in the business, I do not know what it is all called and I found myself spending hours looking through boxes for a particular piece someone asked me about. The pictures are taken and they will start going up this afternoon. I will post a link to it it, but it may not be complete for days, but you will be able to check back and see the updates as they occur.

Hope this helps, and please understand, we have been blown away by the response and because it is not organized by item, size, brass or nickle, etc. it is a tough task.

Thank you,

Scott

Thanks for the reply, I did receive you envelope today and am interested in some leather but would like to speak with you again about it and other items.  I think it would be of benefit to all if we could speak.

thanks

Ron

still waiting

My guess is that they are swamped with their own business and the day to day running of it along with the task of getting a clear picture of what the truly have.  I had a chance to speak with Scott on the phone, and what took place is that they bought a building lock, stock, and barrel. the purchase of the building was for their ongoing business that they run and are very busy with, along with trying to dispense all of the leather, hardware, and odds n ends that went along with the deal.  Scott did send me a short note along with a sample of some leather that was included, and I have been trying to contact him as well.  The reason for me to try and have a follow up with him is that the leather that they sent out was not an 8-9oz leather, it measured at 5oz  and wanted to let him know that and also try and find out if the leather was all that thickness. but I have also been unsuccessful at reaching him.  So I guess we all just have to wait and see what they decide to do with everything.

Ron;

Good evening. First let me apologize for not explaining the sample I sent a bit better. We have some piece cuts, but not much in the thicker (8/9 oz) size and I do not want to start cutting up the full hides for samples so I send out pieces of the other leather which is already cut. I honestly did not know the thickness until you wrote in and said it was a 5 oz. I should have looked through the pile a bit more carefully to ensure I found a thick piece for you. I have attached a photo to show the thickness of the full double shoulders. They are all in the 1/8" (8/9 oz) thickness.

Shortly after we spoke last week, we received a set of gov't PO's and have just now come up for air. It is 11:30 pm and it is probably to late to give you a call. If you are free tomorrow, give me a shout at your convenience, I should be in the office by 9:00 am and good all day. I look forward to hearing from you.

Also, here is the beginnings of the hardware web-site. I will continue getting more up, but this will at least give you an idea of where we are at on it.: http://scottalangardner.wix.com/leather-and-hardware

100_9565.JPG

100_9564.JPG

100_9563.JPG

Thanks for the update, I will be in touch sometime during the day on Thursday.

Ron

Scott I should of looked the site  over  more closely I see a fue of the buckles I would of used

Terry,

No worries. We will be loading more items all weekend and if there is anything you see, let me know and I am sure we can get together on it.