Order and Chaos

Facebook Connection unwanted

How do I get rid of (or hide forever) all the Facebook related junk (popups, etc) that now seems to be part of the website and forums?

Also, what do I have to do so images people post in the various threads are automatically previewed like they are supposed to be? Is there an updated FAQ for settings?

I'm not sure what you mean by FB popups? There is an option when you log in to use your FB ID, and there is a tiny icon at the bottom of a topic if you want to share a pic or a post. Other than those two things there isn't any Facebook connections. 

We had a glitch with some of the images right after the update, but as far as I know, those problems are corrected. Please let me know if you are experiencing problems. I haven't written a FAQ yet, but if you click on your name you can go to your profile and explore your choices for settings and notifications. Hope this helps!

On 4/3/2016 at 10:36 PM, Order and Chaos said:

How do I get rid of (or hide forever) all the Facebook related junk (popups, etc) that now seems to be part of the website and forums?

I think you mean Facebook ads. That has nothing to do with this forum. Facebook see what you are looking at and put "Suggested" posts and ads that you may be interested in looking at, from what you have been searching for through Google. Unfortunately with Facebook and Google now working together, this will be seen more often.

Edited by AussieMade

Don't know what the policy here is, I belong to forums where this is frowned upon, but...

Get yourself a good adblocker. I use uBlock Origin. To keep places like Facebook from tracking you use Ghostery in your browser. There's also Privacy Badger and a few others. These are add-ons that work in Firefox and other browsers. If you're using Firefox, go here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/extensions/?sort=featured

If you want to stop crap on Facebook go to www.fbpurity.com and install there plugin for your browser. It is fantastic. No adds, no crap, no popups. Very customizable.

I´m using AdBlock Plus for Firefox - but it happens that some sites tell you to turn it off because they live from the adds - well thats their opinion my opinion is I don´t want to see theses adds and I don´t even click them so why bother. And IF I want to see adds I can turn it on again but that almost never happens. Even if a site blocks their content because of the use of ABP you can turn it on temporarily...

I also have turned off the web notifications in my browser this reduced some annoying notification pop ups too.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/?src=cb-dl-featured

Edited by Constabulary

The ads at the top of the page keep the lights on 24/7 for anyone to wander our halls. If you do business with any of these companies, please tell them you appreciate their support of leatherworker.net. Thank you!
~J

This forum as with other forums I navigate. I click the ads from time to time. As Johanna says, it keeps the lights on and points revenue to the forum. Easy way to show support. As far as the facebook ads you can turn off the "targeted advertising". That doesn't mean they don't monitor you, it just means it's less obvious.