Sign in to follow this  
TinyL

Pebbler?

Hi everyone. Does anybody know where I can get a fairly inexpensive pebbler background stamp? I know Tandy doesn't carry it with craftool. I'd like to get one online.Thanks,

Chris

Hidecrafter used to carry them in their pro line for around $10 to $15. I'm not sure if they still list them but you can check out thier online catalog.

The Pebbler tools, PA003, PA004 & PA005 are listed in the 2008 catalog (page 37, top section of the page) as being available, or maybe more accurately 'not Discontinued'. In the 2008 Catalog Price list, they are each listed at $7.50.

There was an earlier thread on the pebblers here: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...ic=1613&hl=

Thank you so much ClayB and RandyScott. I love the effect but had a hard time trying to locate the item. Have a great day!

If these are what you're looking for I got mine at Tandy. They look similar to the ones at Hide Crafter.

Stamping tools

E294-01

E294-03

E294-04

Butch

I own both the hidcrafter and Craftool "pebblers" and neither are as nice as Bob Beards....

If these are what you're looking for I got mine at Tandy. They look similar to the ones at Hide Crafter.Stamping toolsE294-01E294-03E294-04Butch
Thanks Butch I already got them in my arsenal! :thumbsup:
I own both the hidcrafter and Craftool "pebblers" and neither are as nice as Bob Beards....
Thanks. I'm trying to slowly get to the point where I'm good enough to warrant Bob Beards stuff and be able to afford it too!

I get good results using a "birdseye" A102/A103 style. It will give a great pebble grain effect when used properly. Trick is to strike it with the right force and not cut into the leather. I use it a lot on the outside borders of boot tops and sometimes as the back ground per customer request. I tried the commercial pebble grain tools but prefer the "birdseye". It is much smaller and you can get a half tool also which really allows you to get into tight areas.

Mine is an older Hackbarth but the Craftool should work just as well and the prices are reasonable.

Blake

I get good results using a "birdseye" A102/A103 style. It will give a great pebble grain effect when used properly. Trick is to strike it with the right force and not cut into the leather. I use it a lot on the outside borders of boot tops and sometimes as the back ground per customer request. I tried the commercial pebble grain tools but prefer the "birdseye". It is much smaller and you can get a half tool also which really allows you to get into tight areas.

Mine is an older Hackbarth but the Craftool should work just as well and the prices are reasonable.

Blake

Thanks Blake.I'll probably add that to my next order. Do you have a picture of that effect? I'd like to see how you used it because it sound like another great alternative.

Chris

Hi Chris

This isn't the best picture but maybe it will give you an idea of the pebble grain.

Blake

100_0303.JPG

post-21-1229786886_thumb.jpg

I just love my pebble tools...

I had some good pictures of the effect, the first one as you can see just tooled. The second part is dyed and then I had some antiquing on it.

Pebble.jpg

post-5624-1229790378_thumb.jpg

i recently got part of my hidecrafter order (i had orderd all 3 pebbler tools) but i only got 2 of the set after waiting over a month. the third one is still on back order...

they're great tools if you can get em.

ken

If these are what you're looking for I got mine at Tandy. They look similar to the ones at Hide Crafter.

Stamping tools

E294-01

E294-03

E294-04

Butch

You know I still wonder why they have the heart,club,diamond but not the spade stamp.

Tina, which pebble tools was that done with?

Hi SouthPaw,

I have the tools from HideCrafters, number: PA003, PA004 & PA005. I had to wait for the smallest one around a month. Be sure to tell them that if any of them is out of stock you want to be on the list (back ordered?) to get it as soon as it's in again.

You know I still wonder why they have the heart,club,diamond but not the spade stamp.

You're right! I've wondered about that too (Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread!). :dunno:

It's really funny to see these posts and see the incredible work that all of you do especially with the pebblers they look great, I think it's funny because I was watching a Hide crafters pebbler on eBay this last week and when it finally went off today it sold for $51.00 bucks I could hardly contain myself LOL why on earth would someone pay that much for a pebbler? when they could purchase one from Hide Crafters for about $7.00 I like the fact that someone can make a profit off of stuff but that is just wrong.

:lol: again I really appreciate the artistic talent of thos posting and the information that is here on the board. just couldn't resist telling you about the pebbler on eBay. :lol:

I think it's funny because I was watching a Hide crafters pebbler on eBay this last week and when it finally went off today it sold for $51.00 bucks I could hardly contain myself LOL why on earth would someone pay that much for a pebbler? when they could purchase one from Hide Crafters for about $7.00

Skip:

people just get stupid on ebay. They see something & get 'tunnel vision'= "gotta have it/gotta have it/gotta have it/gotta have it no matter what"... they don't look to see if the same item is available elsewhere. I have seen 'RARE TIGERSHARK STINGRAY SKIN" (which is merely dyed stingray in a tiger pattern) go for over $100 + shipping on ebay, yet if the high bidders would have looked at the seller's store, they could have gotten the exact item for about $35 + shipping under a 'buy it now' arrangement. I think people think that if it is on ebay, it must be rare, and we all know that that isn't true. And, I'm sure that some sellers have their buddies 'bid' up an item just to keep the suckers going higher. That part is wrong. But for those afflicted with ebay tunnel vision, those individuals who 'just gotta have it no matter what', well, that's not wrong. That's just plain stupid... :yes:

russ

I stopped in HC today all they had in stock was the smallest pebbler tool, PA003. If anyone needs a smaller size checker bevel their PB012 is on sell for 3.99 while he's big time overstock. The best part was George Hurst was in there laying down some basketweave on some saddle bags.. THat made for a pretty good ending to an other wise nasty day.

Stamping tools

E294-01

E294-03

E294-04

Butch

Just got these the other day I'll let you know what I think.

Just an update...

Hidecrafters is still out of stock on the Medium and Large Pebbler. Someone at the shop indicated they keep checking with the supplier, and they are supposed to be on their way, but he didn't know whether that meant on their way via container from China or what.

Mine have been back ordered since November.

I've played with the small pebbler some, but I am not at all happy with it, I am hoping that the larger ones are more to my taste as some of the pictures I have seen have really rocked.

Fred

TinyL

I just received an order from HC and received the small pebbler, but the two larger ones are on backorder with no estimated time. I am taking a road trip up there next weekend and I will check. If they are in, they cost me $7.50 each, I will get a extra set if you want me to and you can send me the money and I can ship them out to you? OR You can just order on line with HC and the may send them to you when they come in, but I would strongly encourage you to continue following up to make sure your order does not get forgotten.

Good luck

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

TinyL

I just received an order from HC and received the small pebbler, but the two larger ones are on backorder with no estimated time. I am taking a road trip up there next weekend and I will check. If they are in, they cost me $7.50 each, I will get a extra set if you want me to and you can send me the money and I can ship them out to you? OR You can just order on line with HC and the may send them to you when they come in, but I would strongly encourage you to continue following up to make sure your order does not get forgotten.

Good luck

For what it's worth (I ordered mine back in December) - I received the medium and large pebbler from Hidecrafter today, so apparently their shipment finally arrived.

Fred

I received the medium and large size pebbler from Hide Crafter today in the mail. The were mailed out on the 24th.