dfrensdorff

So if a cowboy........

......needs a new set of spur straps, and has two dogs that both need new collars,... what could he do........get matching dog collars and spur straps!  Veg tan double shoulder from Hide House ....

6P2lYU9.jpg

5fheB5P.jpg

TBMMi3p.jpg

Very clean basket weave on those spur straps. I have ordered a lot of leather from Hide House and the quality has always been good. I wish they had a better quality website.

Super nice basket stamp.  I hope my belt project comes out a fraction that good ...

Thanks all.....the basketweave for me took on a new level when I learned to case properly, and I purchased some Barry King stamps.....the veg tan is premium double shoulder from Hide House.....9/10 oz. I have always had good luck, service etc. from them. Have bought both veg tan and wickett & Craig English bridle. They have been happy to send me samples of any leather I've needed to see. 

Those dogs are gonna get big heads walking around in collars like those! Work like this always inspires me to keep stepping it up and improving. Looks great, dfensdorff. What did you change bout the way you are casing?

13 hours ago, bob21804 said:

Those dogs are gonna get big heads walking around in collars like those! Work like this always inspires me to keep stepping it up and improving. Looks great, dfensdorff. What did you change bout the way you are casing?

Thanks Bob ... The way I case is to submerge the leather for a short period of time....with bubbles still leaving the leather, and then place it in an insulated cooler for about 24 hours....If it is ready (returning to normal color and cool to the touch)  and I am ready, I will begin stamping.....If not, in either case, I will place it in a zip lock, and then back in the cooler.  It will hold the moisture .... In my experience, important to not over wet the leather.  I know there are many ways to case, this is just the one that has worked best for me....Don

Edited by dfrensdorff
different wording