I bought the accessory pack for my leatherman wave.  But quickly realized that I probably wouldn't have the accessories when I would finally find a use for them.  My cure was to make a pouch that would contain the leatherman, two tool packs and a screwdriver extension (very handy).  To ensure that I could keep to the stitch line from front to back I clamped a straight piece of wood to my drill press and used a long but less diameter drill bit than my awl.  I freehanded the spacing of the stitching so it isn't as even as it would be if it was a commission or for a friend. In a picture it shows, on my belt not so much.  I used snaps on the belt loop so I could remove it from my belt without undoing my belt.   Being left handed my belt buckle makes it harder to put on and remove  things on the left side of my belt.  I used two snaps to make it harder to come unsnapped by accident and harder to slip off if it does come snapped. 

leatherman closup.jpg

leatherman sheath front.jpg

leatherman sheath side.jpg

leatherman sheath front closed.jpg

Love the detailing ... did you have any trouble putting all the layers together?  I keep reading about how interesting it can be...

6 minutes ago, sos said:

Love the detailing ... did you have any trouble putting all the layers together?  I keep reading about how interesting it can be...

No real problem putting the layers together.  I Molded the top, cut it to size than as I glued up the U shaped layers for the accessories I had the outer size.  than one final full piece to separate the accessories from the tool and I was ready to drill the holes.   

Neither.  That is why the stitching isn't evenly spaced.  I used a small drill bit.  Then I went over it with an awl to give me the diamond shaped hole.

1 hour ago, Peter Darby said:

Neither.  That is why the stitching isn't evenly spaced.  I used a small drill bit.  Then I went over it with an awl to give me the diamond shaped hole.

If you own a fork you can easily use it as a makeshift stitch marker.  Perfect spacing every time.