Sign in to follow this  
hidepounder

Horse Show Organizer

This organizer is a Christmas present I just completed for a customer...(my last Xmas project! Whew!)...and if you know this brand...please don't spill the beans...it's a surprise!

I make a lot of these organizers for the Horse Show community. Owners and contestants use them to maintain their horse papers, licenses, membership cards, etc., which they are required to present upon entering a Show. It's a full size 8x10, zippered organizer.

The exterior (7/8 oz Herman Oak) is tooled, dyed, finished with Neatlac and stitched with Rice #99 thread. The silver flower centers are solid sterling. The spine is a piece of 7/8 oz split down to 5/6 oz with a stiffener added to accomodate the 1", three ring binder. The interior (2/3 oz Calf), is finger carved, finished with Tan-Kote and stitched with Rice #69 thread.

Holmes_HSO_1_004_L_.jpgHolmes_HSO_2_001_L_.jpgHolmes_HSO_1_015_L_.jpgHolmes_HSO_1_026_L_.jpg

As always, I welcome your critiques/comments and I wish you all a Happy Holidays!

post-7682-1229746852_thumb.jpg

post-7682-1229746866_thumb.jpg

post-7682-1229746879_thumb.jpg

post-7682-1229746890_thumb.jpg

Bob,

Another fine example of your workmanship! :thumbsup:

The flower centers give it that extra touch, did you make them to?

Johnny

This organizer is a Christmas present I just completed for a customer...(my last Xmas project! Whew!)...and if you know this brand...please don't spill the beans...it's a surprise!

Bob,

I am going to throw all of my tools in a shreader!!! Your work is beautiful!! Nice job, the customer will really like it.

Rick J. :jawdropper:

Yeah - Ditto Ricky.

Beautiful, Bob!

Crystal

Freaking Beautiful,

I just Love your stuff Bob...And I'm not even into the traditional patterns *LOL*

SWEET, Darryl

WoW! Nice work

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Beautiful! Everything about your organizer is top notch, thanks for sharing, Alan

Real nice work!! Love the finger carving.

Mike

stunning, i wish i was on your christmas list!!!

I'm with Roo! That would be an awesome present to find under the tree. Everything about that looks great.

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

The 10 signs of Christmas

Freakin Srunning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As always i find that i can just set here and look at those cuts for hours.

Critique what?

There is nothing to critique! Lots and Lots to just sit and stare at in awe, but Critique?

Never get tired of seeing your work, well done.

Hope to see you some Wednesday evening next year at Jim's.

Mark

Johnny, Rick, Crystal, Tina, Darryl, Greybeard, Rusty, Alan, Mike, Roo, Clay, Bree, Freak, Mike D, Mark, Mike P.......Thanks, all of you! I appreciate your kindness and support! Your comments always inspire me to go make something better. I hope you all have a great Holiday and a Happy New Year!

Bob

Beautiful.

Thanks Richard, Happy Holidays!

Bob

Hi there, these are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I want to learn to make different things than what I have been traditionally exposed to (saddles, headstalls, etc) but if a person has never made anything like this before, how do you learn? There don't seem to be patterns and instrustions that you can buy :0) But, how do you learn to cover picture frames, cover boxes, make cases like these? It is beautiful!

Hi equiss, thanks for your comments. To answer your question, I think that most makers just get an idea and dive in! However, there are several Al Stohlman books regarding casework. They are available from Tandy and contain a wealth of information...I highly recommend them.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Bob

Hi there, these are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I want to learn to make different things than what I have been traditionally exposed to (saddles, headstalls, etc) but if a person has never made anything like this before, how do you learn? There don't seem to be patterns and instrustions that you can buy :0) But, how do you learn to cover picture frames, cover boxes, make cases like these? It is beautiful!

Hi equiss, thanks for your comments. To answer your question, I think that most makers just get an idea and dive in! However, there are several Al Stohlman books regarding casework. They are available from Tandy and contain a wealth of information...I highly recommend them.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Bob

Hi Bob funny you mentioned those, I just ordered them and am hoping to get them today if all goes correctly! Thanks for the information, they are beautiful!

I make a lot of these organizers for the Horse Show community. Owners and contestants use them to maintain their horse papers, licenses, membership cards, etc., which they are required to present upon entering a Show. It's a full size 8x10, zippered organizer.

The exterior (7/8 oz Herman Oak) is tooled, dyed, finished with Neatlac and stitched with Rice #99 thread. The silver flower centers are solid sterling. The spine is a piece of 7/8 oz split down to 5/6 oz with a stiffener added to accomodate the 1", three ring binder. The interior (2/3 oz Calf), is finger carved, finished with Tan-Kote and stitched with Rice #69 thread.

Holmes_HSO_1_004_L_.jpgHolmes_HSO_2_001_L_.jpgHolmes_HSO_1_015_L_.jpgHolmes_HSO_1_026_L_.jpg

As always, I welcome your critiques/comments and I wish you all a Happy Holidays!

Hi there, can you share the overall dimensions for the cover? I want to try to make one of these, and really don't have the faintest idea of where to start, but was wondering if you had the time to get me started in the right direction! These are beautiful!!

Hi there, can you share the overall dimensions for the cover? I want to try to make one of these, and really don't have the faintest idea of where to start, but was wondering if you had the time to get me started in the right direction! These are beautiful!!

Hi equiss,

This particular one is approximately 11" x 14" and 1-1/2" wide (does not include the handles). I recomend going to an office supply store with a tape measure, find some pieces you like, and copy them. There are no rules in making one of these and the sizes are purely arbitrary. When you look and seehow they are constructed , it's easy to determine what you want to do.

Hope this helps,

Bob