MattG

Juki 1541 Cowboy sew equivalent

Hi everyone, my first post here.

I have a workshop doing upholstery, bag making, leather work etc. So far i have a Seiko CW-8B and Bernina 217. I would like a flat bed walking foot.

I really like the look of those Juki 1541s, but the price less so. I know CowBoy Sew has fairly well priced machines and i wonder if they have anything similar to the Juki. 

I Know they have a clone of the Adler 767 but i am not too keen on a compressor to use it.

Any of you guys know an equivalent to the Juki from Cowboy sew or different company at good price?

Thanks

Matt

When I search eBay for "Juki 1541" I see original Juki heads for as little as $1250 new from Alberoni in Los Angeles, and clones by Reliable, Typical, Ludwig, and Consew, some of which actually cost more than a Juki. 

Shipping to New Zealand is a whole different story. I'd recommend checking with a NZ or Australian supplier for machines that have similar specs, although you're probably hard pressed to find any that are significantly cheaper than the actual Jukis.

Buying local is king when is comes to heavy machinery. Check you local sources for gems like a nice looking Juki 563: http://www.trademe.co.nz/crafts/sewing/sewing-machines/auction-1067262077.htm

Edited by Uwe

Thanks Uwe thank you for your tips and looking on my local "ebay".

That Juki is a nice looking machine but i am after something a bit more grunty and more modern than the one i already have.

The problem with New Zealand is that we are far away and the market is pretty small.

The only Juki dealer here priced the 1541 at $2600 USD.

But i would be really interested to know if Cowboy has something similar, their shipping cost were not too bad also.

Thanks again

Matt

Hi Matt !

That 563 is the grunt unless you go to the 1508NH and these only because they have a more square feed engineering style than the 563 and others.

At 800.00 even here its a find, But if a thread above 138 is wanted a lot then yes I agree the 441 style is a good pic.

The offering 7204 cowboy hightex is an interesting machine I think along with its 7205 friend

Keep us posted on your finds,

Good day

Floyd

Edited by brmax

Thanks Floyd and Uwe, you guys are right about that 563! I still think of trying to buy new tough.

I will have a look at those two Cowboy sew.

Thanks

Matt

On 12/04/2016 at 5:46 PM, MattG said:

Hi everyone, my first post here.

I have a workshop doing upholstery, bag making, leather work etc. So far i have a Seiko CW-8B and Bernina 217. I would like a flat bed walking foot.

I really like the look of those Juki 1541s, but the price less so. I know CowBoy Sew has fairly well priced machines and i wonder if they have anything similar to the Juki. 

I Know they have a clone of the Adler 767 but i am not too keen on a compressor to use it.

Any of you guys know an equivalent to the Juki from Cowboy sew or different company at good price?

Thanks

Matt

Shipping from Australia would be cheaper than the USA and I would suggest buying the head only and using a local table.

I would have to get a price as I have not brought in that machine before

Hi Darren, any companies you would recommend in Australia?

Cheers

Matt

5 hours ago, MattG said:

Hi Darren, any companies you would recommend in Australia?

Cheers

Matt

Matt, Darren IS a sewing machine dealer in NSW Australia.

Thanks Wizcrafts, i wasnt sure.

PM me Matt. I am a Cowboy dealer