Ebbtide

2nd Pool Cue Case

My second cue case.

This one holds 2 butts and 2 shafts.

A cross between Hawaiian Tiki and PNW Totem Pole...

tiki%20montage_zpsk3do29al.jpg

And one shot with yours truly for scale

-09tiki%20cue%20case_zpshhdjvjgm.jpg

:)

that is pretty cool looking!

what are you using for separators?  Is that for your own use or was it built for someone else?  Just curious looks nice.

I didn't see the interior the first time I looked and ^^^^^^^^^^^^^judgebc is right either it has to be bigger by at least 1 shaft or smaller so that it either holds 2 butts and three or 4 shafts, that way you could carry the brake cue with 2 shafts and the playing cue with 2 shafts.  Or the brake cue and 1 shaft and playing cue and 2 shafts.  I haven't played in a few years but I also had the side pouch for a towel, and tools, along with an elk head, for the bridge in the event one was needed.  But this might be for your own use which changes things a bit. 

Thanks for all the kind words.

I made the case for my self, but you know how it goes, if offered the right amount I'll just have to make another.

;)

As for the interior, most of the guys in my poolroom shoot with a player and a jump / break combo cue.

Any more than that and they carry bags that are more like golf bags than cue cases.

I have no interest in making golf bags. The market is saturated with them. I'm trying to carve a niche...

Next up is a 2 butt / 4 shaft combo for a friend.

With a small pocket. The aim is to keep it light.

Just like a back pack, the bigger it is, the more stuff you'll stick in there.

Ebbtide,

I have several 4x8 Jack Justis cases.

I do not like pouches as it takes the symmetry and beauty away from the leather.  I have a attaché case that carry all the necessary junk……..grin...:)

I only use one case.  It contains a Joss West (Ivory Joint) with 3 shafts, Steve Lomax Jump cue 1 shaft.  Mike Gulassy Break Cue 1 shaft, 1 Ray Shuler Billiard Cue with 2 shafts.  In the car is my Snooker Cue.  All cues made by hall of Fame Cuemakers.  I started playing in Bars when I was 7.

Keep up the GOOD work.

You don't have a Tim Padgett cue in the mix? I know that the Padgett cue are probably hard to find and mostly on the west coast.

Oldnslow,

No, I don't have a Tim Padgett cue.  

Hall of fame Cuemaker Bert Schrager first trained Tim Padgett as well as me.

i took Bert out of a Hospice when he was really sick, I knew he still had life.

Pat took care of him at home for another four years.

Doug kept making cues and i would drive down on weekends to help, and Bert would supervise us.

I have the last Schrager cue ever made.

I miss Bert and Pat......:bawling:

Where are you located?  I worked for Bert at the same time that Tim was working for him and then worked for Tim for a short time turning shafts while he was still in his garage.  I use to play with him, Frank Almanza, and a lot of the other locals at either at the cue ball in Alhambra, or the golden cue in El Monte.  heck I can remember when the golden cue was on Valley Bvd in San Gabriel before Kenny bought it out, I remember watching Joe Balsis do an exhibition there I must have been around 15 16 years old.  I meant to have Tim make me a cue for years and never did, I also had a Schrager but sold it years ago, wish I would have kept it and had Timmy make a cue for me they would be worth their weight in gold.

I have been trying to find a nice sneaky pete to play with but there isn't much around where I am at now, we left the south land a little over 3 years ago for the hills of TN, heck these guys out here don't even play on 9 footers they all play on 7 footers and I can at least still see that far.  There is a guy here in town that makes cues but I cant get any info on the quality of his work, all the local guys give praise but not  sure.  I have been wanting to get back in stroke and play a little I figure if I could get back in stroke I could play a little with some of these guys around here.  Any way right back and don't mean to jack the thread.

Thanx for the kind words. Speaking for myself, I don't mind a little thread drift. Especially if the topics are pool, fishing or knives ;)

I like it!

On 4/12/2016 at 9:01 AM, Ebbtide said:

My second cue case.

This one holds 2 butts and 2 shafts.

A cross between Hawaiian Tiki and PNW Totem Pole...

tiki%20montage_zpsk3do29al.jpg

And one shot with yours truly for scale

-09tiki%20cue%20case_zpshhdjvjgm.jpg

Hey @Ebbtide please upload your photos so we can all see them.  Or fix your account with photobucket to allow third party hosting.  Thanks.

Tom