Sign in to follow this  
EngraverGuy

What happened to Gomph Hackbarth?

I tried to call Gomph Hackbarth today and got a recording that he has stepped away for health reasons. Has he stepped away from making tools or selling tools? Has anyone had a recent contact with him? 

Lonnie Height is the owner of Gomph Hackbarth but he's also the tool maker, and as far as I know he's the sole employee.  I had heard he had some health issues but if it's bad enough that he can't make the tools, then they probably aren't going to be available anymore.

Not good. I was going to buy a swivel knife, the set of 15 stamps, and a few other items from him. We get old, get good, and then die off too soon. I sure wish Lonnie the best. 

I finally talked to Lonnie Height today. He is coming off a very serious medical problem but seems to be doing well. I bought a swivel knife from him. I was going to buy it from Barry King, but it seems to me Lonnie could use the money. He is quite the personable fellow. I'd like to sit down in Santa's work shop for a few hours and talk to him. He said he is getting caught back up, and plans on returning full speed ahead. Great news! 

That is very good news.  I've talked to him before too and he is a very nice guy.  Glad to hear he's doing better!