judgebc

Donation Question

Okay, I see a Donation tab.

So what do you get for a donation?

Why are some members names in Red or Blue?

What is a Tag?

Thank You

Blue names have donated. Red names are ambassadors. Depends on what you mean by tags.

You get more gallery space, blog space for a donation.

Edited by leatherwytch

Thanks for your reply.

I just saw a tab that said Tag, I do not have any idea what it means?

I am surprised that the moderators did not reply to my questions.

Gallery space?  I do not know how to use gallery space, I guess, I am not computer literate.

Blogs, I will have to look this up?

Ambassador what are the requirements?

Once again, Thank You.

Ambassadors welcome new members and promote the site. 

When you begin a thread, you have the option of adding "tags" to the thread that the databases or search engines use to index and locate subjects or main topics contained in a thread.  For instance, if I was making motorcycle saddles, I might add the tags motorcycle, saddle, and type or make of the motorcycle.

A blog is a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.  It may be sort of an online journal about a person's daily activities, trips, or some other favorite subject.

A gallery is a place to store pictures.

Tom

Hi JudgeBC,

Welcome to Leatherworker.net.  Moderators and Administrators are generally concerned with the everyday "running" of the site.  We move stuff around, read (but don't necessarily answer) all posts, settle arguments, and just try to make sure everything is "cool".  We are the sheriff and her deputies, and also can do dog catching and trash collection if called upon, waste management can be another function.  Ambassadors are generally (and might be selected because they are) amiable, helpful folks. Usually a moderator won't respond unless specifically called upon or we see a post withering on the vine, or it is just something in our sphere of interest.  That being said, some days a mod might be on his or her maniac side and read and also answer a lot of posts, of just feel happy and helpful.  Most of the time, reading and moderating traffic is our job.  Contributing Members are those who have donated to LW (short for Leatherworker.net).  They get a couple of extra perks, but few have donated just for that.  It take a pile of cold hard cash to keep LW functioning, and Contributing Members help far more than they realize.  This site is so big now that the Software and Hosting costs are astronomical, and every Contributing Member (no matter of the level) helps, a LOT.  I don't mean to sound like a PBS pledge drive, and LW doesn't get a cent from the Government, but it is what it is, all this ain't free.

So enjoy LW, contribute if you can, the staff is here for you anytime.

Art

I can't find a donation tab?? 

What am I missing ? And what is the typical or usual amount?