rfkoen

Tandy clasp machine screw size?

I'm using the Tandy Ashford heavy duty clasp to repair a pool cue case.  The machine screws that came with it are too short for my application.  Does anyone know what the screw size is so I can purchase some longer screws?  Local hardware stores have limited options for screws that size, and I have not found the right fit yet.  I believe it is a #3 but not positive of that.  I would also need the thread count.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/ashford-heavy-duty-bag-clasp-nickel-plate?sSearch=ashford

Not able to help you with the size, but I'd bet you can match it by taking the clasp to home depot. You'll either find them in the bags or in the drawers in the hardware section. If really small and HD doesn't have it try an electronics supply place like radio shack.

Not sure if you ever figured it out, but they are size M2.5 screws. I bought a box of them in assorted lengths on Amazon for $10. A bit irritating but now I'm all set I guess.