cgburnes

sewing machine advice

Hello,

I'm looking to buy my first walking-foot machine for my new start-up business sewing leather goods (mostly bags, purses, belts, vests and accessories). Everything I have read on this site has been incredibly helpful so far and it's clear that there are a lot of members who really know a good deal about all varieties of leather sewing machines.

I'm hoping someone here can help me compare these two machines that are currently for sale for the same price in my area ($600): a Pfaff 145 H3 and a Nakajima 280 L. The seller of the Nakajima says the knee lifter slips and may need replacing, and it comes with a clutch motor but a servo motor could be installed for $175 extra- is this a good deal, and what is the difference exactly between these motors? 

Thanks for your time and any advice given!

-Grace

Late post to you.  The Pfaff 145H3 is a great old machine with reverse but small "G" size bobbin.  But because you are sewing bags and purses, a cylinder arm may be better.  The Nakijima 380 L was a cylinder arm.  Is the 280L a flatbed?  Juki bought Nakijima and either renamed the machines or kept the same name.  You can get parts for them. for Nakijima.  I hope you got one that worked.

glenn

Well, sewing machine is essential need in our daily life. 7 things to remember when buying a sewing machine. Such as:-

• Buy the right machine for how you want to sew
  • Where you buy can be as important as what you buy
  • Can You Adjust the Stitch Length?
  • What Attachments Come With the Machine?
  • How Big Is the Motor?
  • What Make Is the Machine and Where Is It Being Sold?
  • How Noisy Is The Machine?
  • Mechanical Versus Computerized?

For more information you can visit our site best sewing machine