And they shall call him "Hoss" Cartwright... My Cowboy 3200 arrived thanks to Bob at Toledo Sewing. As soon as he was unboxed all I could think of was the fond memories I have of watching Bonanza as a child every night with my Mom and Dad. Yes I'm one of those lames, or real kool people, however you look at it, that names all her machines. My Seiko's name is Frankie Beverly  (the singer) and the other 4 domestics have names too. The Cowboy reminded  me of the gentle giant HOSS CARTWRIGHT. I'm so impressed with the control of this machine. I can creep and crawl and still stick with a solid punch just like Hoss! There is a learning curve and I've watched the many good vids on youtube especially by Ryan Neel/ Hightex and I'm diving in. There was even one that really demonstrates the range of this machine where a guy was sewing very thin bandanas. He used thin fleece material and a very thin leather and the Cowboy 3200 handled it like a charm. From thick to thin. I'm excited can't you tell? I'm sure I will seek the expertise of you good people as I go along... I can hear the Bonanza theme music now....YeeeHawwww!!

IMG_20160429_175412.jpg

Edited by kwalk20
add

I'm glad "Hoss" made the trip to you & is sewing like he's supposed to.Treat him nice,oil him often & don't ever swear @ him & he'll keep sewing like a good Cowboy !!

49 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

I'm glad "Hoss" made the trip to you & is sewing like he's supposed to.Treat him nice,oil him often & don't ever swear @ him & he'll keep sewing like a good Cowboy !!

Wait, you aren't supposed to cuss at your sewing machine?

I've never met a male sewing machine......all of mine are female. 

Something as hefty as a Cowboy would, if female, have to have a name like Helga from the East German Olympic weightlifting team.

No,once you start cussing they will start sewing worse & worse!!

Not true - since day 1 I called my Singer 133K3 Rosie - Like Rosie the Riveter. Seems she likes her name :lol:

Edited by Constabulary

Well,the OP is a woman so I suppose she might be more inclined to use a man's name.

I have a bunch of girls too and one that's not in the picture - all domestics, the're dainty, but my industrials are the big boys and Hoss is a tank! I try not to swear at them because they get offended and swear back, lol. I've been getting to know my new big boy toy. He's a sweetheart!:wub:

20160229_022348.jpg

Thanks a bunches Bob! I love it! I may have to get with you for the black lamp that was shown in the picture. The little white one I got is too short. He's got little short arms, lol.

Congratulations! My CB3500 is named lovingly "Bertha Jo" and she and I have and continue to spend many quality hours together. Bob Kovar is great to work with and supremely helpful. Don.

P1150794_1.jpg

Edited by Tallbald
add photo

I need to start naming my machines...

Maybe I'll name my CB3200 Mongo.

Love mine!

CB3200.jpg

Edited by msdeluca

Despite what Bob says I can assure you that machines get called all sorts of names when they fail to work properly.

I have yet to meet a sewing machine mechanic that has does not have an inventive range of swear words

Hey Tallbald, Bertha Jo has a nice set up. I just put name labels on mine last night. I think I need a little entertainment in the corner if I can find a corner to put it in!

Yes BigMatt! Name your machine! We need a "What's Your Machine's Name?" thread so we can tell the stories of them, the history and how they got the names, AND how they act when they make us cuss, (ain't that right Darren, lol). Every machine has a personality and history.

Msdeluca I like the name Mongo. And Mongo's got some super kool shooz. Nice mod!

Edited by kwalk20