scipio

Fixing needle holes in leather jacket

Hi, I have a problem that I'm hoping the community here would be able to help with. 

I'm fairly new to the world of leather and recently bought a cheap jacket for £90 (mistake no. 1, I realise). I didn't check it thoroughly when I received it (mistake no. 2), and there's a fairly major manufacturing defect: two rows of holes, one each a couple of inches above and below the back seam at the yoke. See attached pictures. They look like they were left behind when some stitching was removed. I'd return the jacket, but I had decided to keep it at the time and took it to my tailor to take in the sides and sleeves, so it can no longer be exchanged (possible mistake no. 3? My tailor is fairly good but didn't discourage me from spending another £85 to tailor a cheap item, which I now think might not be worth it...).

The holes aren't very obvious, and neither my tailor nor I had noticed them earlier, but they stand out under the right light. Now that I know they're there, I can't stop noticing them and it's heartbreaking considering how much I spent on the jacket.

So what I'd like to ask is:

1. Can anything be done to make the holes less visible?
  2. Do these holes make the leather weaker and more likely to tear with use?

I know needle holes in leather are permanent, but I did a quick search online and some have suggested putting a tiny bit of glue in each hole to seal it, then conditioning the leather all over. So I bought one of these (Aleene's Speciality Leather Glue), but I'm hesitant to use it before getting some advice. Any thoughts would be appreciated! 

EDIT: some of the holes are so small they're almost like tiny slits rather than actual holes, if you know what I mean, which gives me hope that the glue might help.

jacket1.jpg

jacket2.jpg

Edited by scipio

I don't see how gluing the holes would hurt, but it's going to be a laborious task....after which there's no guarantee that they won't re-open.  There's even the possibility that the glue (spots) would make the holes all that much MORE visible...depending on how it dries, and how that matches the finish of the leather. 

I think the only sure way to make them less visible is to put a large enough panel over the back to completely hide them.  You could make it decorative, leave it plain, make it a pocket that holds a level 3A armor panel.....