HandCutLeatherCo

CrazyHorse leather supplier

I've been getting some from Springfield leather....not a tannery, but another option.

I just bought 2 double shoulders, 10sq ft each, for 44.97 CDN each from Tandy

Edited by Halitech

On 5/7/2016 at 7:08 PM, nstarleather said:

I buy "copper rough and tough" which is "crazy horse distressed", it comes from SB foot.  http://www.redwingheritage.com/us/USD/product/footwear/6-inch-boots/iron-ranger-copper-08115

My supplier likes 500ft or more at a time though.   What are you currently paying per foot?  I mean might be able to sell a few sides for less than you pay (depending in what you pay,if you're interested).

nice boots )

Edited by nrk

On 7/15/2016 at 6:31 PM, nstarleather said:

The leather is nice, wouldn't know about the boots :-)

yeah, i never heard about S.B leather.

where do you get it? I'm in love with their oil tan. and i understand that they sell big volumes; smaller order goes from dealers.

can give a tip where i can get at least swatch book of all SB leather, so once i touch it, to decide on small order?

appreciate for any advise/help

p.s. share/show their leather, let's see it if possible )))

7 hours ago, nstarleather said:

From what I understand the company is S.B. Foot leather.   It appears that they are the "in house" tannery for Redwing shoes, but I've also picked up leather from them in odd lots and batches of sample hides from other companies.  

So any Redwing shoe is probably leather from S.B. Foot.

My supplier offers me over runs from time to time and some leathers come up pretty regularly.  Usually we are talking 500 feet or more.

Currently I have some Olive leathers from them listed in the for sale section of this site at $2 per foot.

that's pretty cool.

but the color and thickness is not what i want for the moment - and that's kinda nubuck if not mistaken

10 hours ago, nstarleather said:

Kind of nubuck and yeah it's not my mainstay anyway.  I make leather goods, and selling off some excess is a just moving out leather for me, not making a killing on it.  Anything black, brown or tan I usually keep.  I can make an odd item in olive here or there but not enough to use more than a few hides. 

I've actually had to cut back and start using what we have.  I tend to accumulate more than I use.  I get a few hundred pounds of upholstery scrap every month....its a good deal so it's hard to say no.

definitely ;)

"I've been buying from ZachWhite for $5/sqft."

What are you buying? Craftsmen grade?