alrabat

Pre-cut piece storage

Hello all!

I just put a few things up online, and already starting to get inquiries. I was thinking that for some of the more common requests, I could cut the shapes out (I don't have a clicker) and just have them ready to go when needed (instead of having to cut each one out each time and ultimately waste leather. 

My question is- whats the best way to store them so they get protected? Because they're smaller, I was thinking plastic bags? I know to keep them away from oil-tanned types, and out of the sunlight, but I don't want the leather to pick up any spare dye from surfaces that i missed, or get messed up in any way. My concern about the bags is the smell of plastic getting too strong on the leather, since that's definitely an issue with pipe tobacco.

I store mine in smaller plastic storage containers from Walmart. They stack and are clear so I can see what's in them.

Hmm, that might be a good idea. Do you get much in the way of smell? That's sort of the main concern- half the point of leather is that leather smell :) 

It smells the same as when it went into the box.