Just curious if anyone has one of the Windham Cub sewing machines? I just got mine today and would love to talk to someone who has one. 

Let us know how you get along with it.  I  had a Classic of his some years ago.  I swapped it off and have regretted it ever since.  I hope the cub is as good for you. 

I really like it so far. I just can't get the foot to stop leaving an impression in the leather when I stitch up holsters. That's why I was curious if any other Cub owners were here. The manual lacks a bit so I figured it was worth a shot to get tips and tricks from real world users ;) 

As far as I can see, it uses the same feed mechanism as a BOSS -- a jumpfoot needle feed.  I had some issues with my Boss a long while back and discovered that I was running the presser foot tension WAY to high.  It only needs to be tight enough to prevent the leather from lifting when the take up arm/lever is locking the stitch, any more isn't really doing anything but mashing leather. 

You might also check to see if the foot is sitting level on the leather.  If it's rocked forward or back on the presser foot shaft, the smaller contact area could result in more and uneven pressure...i.e. there's a perpendicular indentation crossing your stitch line = the heel of the presser foot is making contact more than the flat bottom of the foot.

Edited by TwinOaks

Twin Oaks - The issue I have is it marks the leather horizontal with the stitch line. I called the designer and he said all pressure foot machines leave indentions in the leather that it was just the nature of the beast and I should take a bone folder or cobblers mallet to even them out which seams really odd but then it could be I'm just too new. After all this is my first stitcher….lol