barbedwireboutique

Southern Idaho

Well, I guess it's about time for me to introduce myself. My name is Tessa Wisniewski (it's pronounced vee-shneff-ski and have been told it sounds like a sneeze:P), and I live down here in southern Idaho. I am fairly new to leathercrafting, and have really found it extremely enjoyable. So far everything I have been learning has been based off of this forum, YouTube videos, and the occasional visit to the local shoe and tack shop (They have been wonderful about letting me ask questions.) I'm married with three beautiful children, attend college, and keep plenty busy helping my husband with our livestock. My ultimate goal is to build my own saddle and maybe start up my own leather tack and saddle shop. I also enjoy hunting, fishing, horses, and about anything else that is craft oriented. 

Welcome to the best site on the entire WWW!   We look forward to seeing some of your projects, and if you need us, we'll be glad to help you along the way.

Welcome from a fellow southern Idaho leather worker. This forum has been a tremendous wealth of information for me. Don't know if you are aware of it but southern Idaho has some of the most outstanding saddlemakers in the country including Dale Harwood (if he's not retired) and Carey Schwartz. I have one of Carey's saddles and can vouch for the quality craftsmanship that goes into them. As I recall, he offers some instruction including a video series. You can check out his website.

I started learning how to make shoes as a result of this forum and a video series I found on-line. It's a hoot.

Thanks for the welcomeing. I knew they were both in Idaho, but had no clue where. I'll have to look at his website.  I also heard Ron Rose lives somewhere around here.