First of I'm new to the forums, my name is Jordan and I just started getting into leather craft like a month or two ago. I originally wanted to make motorcycle seats but the more I've been messing around I've been wanting to make different things!

that being said, I just bought a super clean singer 29-4. I ordered some #69 bonded nylon and it finally came in today. I've been trying to mess around and get the machine to sew in some 2-4oz vegtan single layer but the thread will go in the first hole then just lay across the rest of the holes. I read somewhere that if it does that the tension is too loose, but the shuttle is as tight as it will go and if I tighten the disks anymore the thread stops. But when I try to sew denim it sews almost perfect. Am I missing something??? I'd appreciate any help or info! Thank you!

You might get a better response if you post this in the sewing machine sub forum. Good luck.