Well had an impulse buy, picked this little guy up on craigslist for $80. If i remember correctly its a 1946 year 31-15 with the converted treadle table and knee lift. Had apparently been sitting in a room for a long time. I took a gamble and picked it up just upon inspection. Paid off I hope. There are a couple of screws missing which I need to peruse a manual and see if I can find the right ones. Got it cleaned up for the most part and heavily oiled. 

Gonna get a roller foot kit to put on it so I can sew thin leather like wallet interiors and such. Its a little easier to control then my 211 for small things and I think it looks good to boot. 

It had enough fuzz inside to make up a couple of dead mice I think. It cleaned up real nice. Pretty sure the original clutch motor is on its way out but still performs ok. Stitches are nice and even. 

phone pics 2 265.jpg

phone pics 2 268.jpg

phone pics 2 285.jpg

phone pics 2 298.jpg

Couple more pics 

phone pics 2 289.jpg

phone pics 2 295.jpg

Nice machine! I really like the old wood tables. Hopefully you got a thread stand too. If not, I just bought one from Sharp Sewing Supplies (Los Angelas) for around $16.00 via Ebay. It's all metal, just set it up lastnight. Enjoy your new New/Old machine!

Thanks guys. Suzelle it did come with a dual thread stand we just took it off when loading it and I havent put it back on yet. 

Was running thru a couple layers of denim and it is doing good. I need to get use to it not being a walking foot though as thats all Ive really ever used. Little bit of a learning curve but relatively easy. 

Its fun restoring or in this case just cleaning up basically older machines. Now if I just had more time. 

Nice pick up! Enjoy!

I've also picked one up recently. I added a servo(not as good as my SewPRo 500GR), roller foot, and I'm all in at 225.00. Like you, I'm coming from using a walking foot for the last few years and getting used to the roller foot. 

Edited by Daniel G

Dan I am probably going to put a servo on this one eventually. The clutch motor is actually not to bad on this guy, I can regulate pretty easy compared to the 211 Ive got. Right now I want to get one of those 500GRs or similar for the 441 clone since I need the most control on that guy, then take that POS servo motor and put it on the 211 after it gets adjusted/fixed up. Once I get a few motorcycle seats done I should have enough play money to look at picking one up for the 31 if I figure out I need it. 

Its kind of cool having the old singer motor on the 31, I know it shouldnt matter but kind of nice with all the original stuff on it.