bikermutt07

A question for the the pros

Haha

All I can say is if they're raise minimum wage to $15.00 and hour, you're looking at the smilinest, hamburger flippinest sumbit?h this side of the Mississippi.

1 hour ago, bikermutt07 said:

All I can say is if they're raise minimum wage to $15.00 and hour, you're looking at the smilinest, hamburger flippinest sumbit?h this side of the Mississippi.

oh man do yourself a favor and go for a fast food place that your wife loves. I went out with a girl in High School who took a PT job at White Castle. White castle if you are unfamiliar make some tasty sliders grilled on a bed of onions and was the place you would go at 3 am after being out with your friends and somewhat inebriated and order a sack of them. I swear they were the best tasting things in the known world.

You can forget about fancy perfume. When I picked up my girl after her shift and she would be stink'in of white castle hamburgers ... man oh man no pheromones could beat that!!  :wub:

LOL

35 minutes ago, Boriqua said:

oh man do yourself a favor and go for a fast food place that your wife loves. I went out with a girl in High School who took a PT job at White Castle. White castle if you are unfamiliar make some tasty sliders grilled on a bed of onions and was the place you would go at 3 am after being out with your friends and somewhat inebriated and order a sack of them. I swear they were the best tasting things in the known world.

You can forget about fancy perfume. When I picked up my girl after her shift and she would be stink'in of white castle hamburgers ... man oh man no pheromones could beat that!!  :wub:

LOL

I had a girlfriend once that I lived with that worked for Braums. She worked for two weeks and her last check was

-$40.00. Haha

If I had a girlfriend what hadda job, I'd be doin more fishin' fer sher ..... ;)

I made a nice supplemental income off my leatherwork while in graduate school, and I am not even very good at it. When I tried advertising and making some more money, the hassle and dealing with the general public sucked all the fun out of it.

9 hours ago, Colt W Knight said:

, the hassle and dealing with the general public sucked all the fun out of it.

Exactly ;)  And don't forget suppliers and employees on the irritation scale!

Worst part is, I actually knew a guy who got PAID to fish ('worst' only cuz it wadn' me).

Edited by JLSleather

On 5/25/2016 at 9:03 PM, Colt W Knight said:

I made a nice supplemental income off my leatherwork while in graduate school, and I am not even very good at it. When I tried advertising and making some more money, the hassle and dealing with the general public sucked all the fun out of it.

That's the number one reason I want to stay at the hobby level. I lost my love of motorcycles and rallies because of my first business. We had a small motorcycle magazine. I rode everyday to two and three events a day on Saturdays. Imagine wanting a Harley all those years and then all the joy being sucked out of it. It's just two wheeled transportation now. DISGUSTING!!!

I will not let that happen again. The things I make I might sell at the craft fare to benefit my church or I might even eventually list an already made item on eBay, but that's my limit. I want to make what I want when I want and have fun.

Just to say, if you can get another outlet other than fleabay, do it.   I sell about 60% of my stuff on fleabay, and once I get a bit time, will be pushing my own little webshop more.

About 95% of my customers are lovely people who I've had many a good blether on the phone, and emails with, but it also attracts the weirdyboys.

At least with your own shop, you can politely, but firmly deal with the bampots in your own way.   On fleabay, there are so many policy rules and a 'customer is always right' attitude, it can too easily suck the fun out of your day.

But, there again, that's the payoff for selling your stuff to strangers.

19 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Exactly ;)  And don't forget suppliers and employees on the irritation scale!

Worst part is, I actually knew a guy who got PAID to fish ('worst' only cuz it wadn' me).

Oh my goodness ... I never ever, ever ever never ever want to manage people ever ever again. NEVER

I know, Alex (BOY do I know).  I once found my 10 year old asking a couple of the boys just how many breaks they felt they would need in ONE day ;)