Sign in to follow this  
Fallinggator

Adjusting Clutch Deadspace

My Consew 206RB-2 with clutch motor seems to have too much play in the clutch before engaging. I'd like to shorten the movement required to engage the clutch, and I'm pretty sure that is something that is possible. I'm just not sure how to do it. I seem to remember reading something about just adjusting a bolt on the motor, and I even see a bolt below & to the left of the pulley that seems like a likely candidate. I'm just not sure though, and I don't want to mess something up if I'm wrong. Hopefully someone here could give me some help with this?

There is a large bolt on the end of the motor that has a locknut on it you need to loosen,when you go to the rightside of the table & look @ the motor,it will be @ approx. 9:oo position & take a 5/8" wrench to loosen it ,turn it in maybe 1/2 turn & check the amount of play.

Thank you so much! I thought that was it, but I wasn't 100% sure that was even a thing that could be done. I just thought I'd read it somewhere, but couldn't find it again no matter where I looked. I can always try both ways, but do you know which way to turn to decrease the amount of deadspace? Is it tighten to decrease deadspace & loosen to increase?

Thanks Again!!!

Yes,tighten or turn to the right,just alittle @ a time & push on the pedal to check the change.