Rare Fortschritt Leather Skiving Machine - Fortuna Type $1000 

This is a very rare german made leather skiving machine. It cuts a wide range of skives because it has a long curved presser foot that can be adjusted a number of ways to get different angles and widths. The machine is in excellent working shape, see a sample skive photo below. There is cosmetic wear as this is an old machine. If you want a machine with great bones and a great history, this is what you are looking for. I purchased this a couple years ago from a leatherworker in Nyack, NY. He owned it since the mid 70s but it has not been used since 1995ish. Prior to him owning the machine, this skiver was used to manufacture NYC firemen's helmets in a manhattan factory. The machine is mounted on a converted wooden sewing machine table and is run with a clutch motor and leather and rubber belts.

This is comparable to fortuna machines and parts such as Bell knife, sharpening stone, rollers, presser feet should be interchangeable with parts easily found on ebay if necessary down the road. Everything on it right now still appears to have plenty of life left. I will also include a heavy metal roller tool for compressing turned/glued edges.

Local pickup only in Ridgewood, NJ.

You may inspect items prior to purchase.

Payment Methods - cash / money order / bank check only

Thanks very much!

The website is not letting me upload photos, so if you are interested, PM me and I'll send you a Craigslist link to photos.

reply to your own post, sometimes it'll let you upload photos then.  

YinTx