I have the chance to buy a singer 211G155. This would be my 1st machine.I will be sewing wallets,vests,bags,5/6 oz leather at most.Need to know if this machine will handle this.What is fair value for this machine? Thanks for any help you can give.This is such a great site,it's amazing the amount of knowledge here.

Eric posted a detailed case study of this machine some time ago: 

Value of a machine is exactly whatever somebody is willing to pay for it. Actual sold listings on ebay range from $400-$500, so that's one reference point. The machine you're looking at may be worth more, less, or it may be a boat anchor candidate.

I forgot about that thread Uwe. I've had contact from an individual who wants me to go through another 211W155. When the time comes, I'll start a new thread on the machines behalf. 

Regards, Eric 

Servo Motor or Clutch Motor?  If it has not been serviced or updated with a new motor, factor that into your price. 

The Servo motors run about $100-130, take less energy and can be clicked into slower settings for more control. 

It will handle those projects just fine. Remember though the 155 does NOT have reverse. Also if it does have a clutch motor it will haul some butt. A servo motor is a nice addition.

Thanks for your help.Found out machine had sat 9 years w/o being used.The price was $1500.00,decided I didn't need it that bad.

Yeah, that's pretty steep for that machine. Someone will end up with it at that price though. People are so eager to get a walking foot machine they'll pay about anything. That is unless you spend time on the forum here and learn their realistic value. Good luck!

Regards, Eric